GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, anyone else have this issue? I noticed it more in 2nd and 3rd gear it feels almost as it***8217;s misfiring before boost. At first I assumed it was jerking due to gearing but the problem occurs in both manual and auto. The boost is fine also Iv read on a few threads it could possibly be transmission oil, spark plugs, maf etc have you guys experienced this issue? If so what was it and how did you resolve it? Just for reference it***8217;s a my17 and it***8217;s still under warranty the car was fine before today I also had the tyres replaced if that makes a difference. Any input is appreciated as I***8217;m slightly concerned, I just purchased this car recently I want to make sure it***8217;s mechanically sound thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What make and size of tyres did you have fitted? Could be this causing the issue.
Running MPS4S running the same size as Dunlop***8217;s which I believe are 285/35/20 255/40/20 - I assumed it was the tyres but surely they can***8217;t cause the problem at a certain RPM

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a slight jerky / flat spot sensation when I put £30 of Tesco momentum in. I***8217;ve been using v power ever since and no issues

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update : So since I posted this issue the car is still at Nissan who have diagnosed the problem as the gearbox causing the issue. So they have sent some data back and they have decided not to cover the gearbox under warranty!! I***8217;m upset and fuming and it***8217;s really disheartening as I purchased the vehicle literally 2 months ago I drove it 2 weeks barely and now this ***x2639;***xfe0f; They want me to purchase a new gearbox like seriously !! What can I do? Is there anything I can do? Can anyone help? I feel as tho I don***8217;t have a leg to stand on as the dealership and Nissan are refusing in their favour. The car has like 7k Miles it shouldn***8217;t have gone this early, I did report the problem within 30 days ***x1f61e;

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
I'm not sure how a gearbox can cause a misfire, sounds like the Nissan dealers haven't got a clue! Whereabouts in the UK are you? Get it to a local independant and they will get it sorted and I'll bet you don't need a new gearbox.
Post up you're area and we can suggest a suitable independent to have a look.

·
Vendor
6,275 Posts
Hopefully Nissan the tosspots will change there mind and honour the warranty unless they can prove that any modifications caused the problem but if they don't there is a guy a Birmingham who refurbs the 35 gearboxes all day long and he's reasonably priced.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,104 Posts
If it came from a NHPC then it will have a 12 month Cared4 warranty so I'd not be taking it to anyone else other that Nissan. If you take it somewhere else they will definitely refuse any warranty claim (even though legally they can't). But they still will.

I'd be going back to them and getting the exact reasons why they are refusing a warranty claim and then if they still refuse, I'd would engage a solicitor.

Unless you have modded it that is ?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
If all else fails call AC Speedtech, they will tell you 100% the cause but 100% I would try a set of stock wheels and stock tyres, you may be surprised, im sure someone will help out, if not try mine but first thing try pulling ets fuse its in box in front of battery and location is marked on the lid, if the hesitation fails goes its tyres or ets neither of which is the end of the world.When ets fuse is pulled you are in RWD with no TC so just drive to replicate fault not like you stole it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts