GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok iv been reading through alot of old threads regarding the same topic for the last hour or so but my problem seems rather unique compared to others i have read about..

car has been off the road for the last 6 weeks..i picked it up yesterday.I imediately noticed that the car felt down in power..at 1.4kgs it felt like how it used to pull before at 1.0kgs boost..not in my head.. definately down in power.

Before in first gear when you dropped the boot the car would go ballistic and hit the limiter before you had the chance to change into 2nd..now it doesnt.it goes up the revs alot slower..its no where near as violent accelerating.

It feels like something is holding it back..its also shuffling alot..even on idle and blowing meter long flames from the zorst very often.It didnt shuffle at all and rarely blew flames before..

Also the car has always had a misfire..it would happen probably 6 times out of 10 on full load in 4th gear around 6k rpm..it would misfire(harsh limiter noise)stop pulling and sometimes blow a flame.It would continue when changing into 5th at times..other times it wouldnt. It doesnt misfire like this all the time but its very annoying especially when going for top speed runs etc.Since i picked the car up yesterday the misfire happened at the end of first gear a couple of times..it was always only in 4th or 5th gear before.

im not sure if the hesitation/drop in power problem and the misfire problem are linked or not.

The car has pfc,nismo afms,newish spitfires and newish trust no 8 plugs..my coil loom looks ok.I suspect my ignition amp could be a problem but im not sure how to test it without buying a new one.

Im going to clean my afms again for the sake of it even tho the pfc readings look fine..the car is also boosting fine,no different than before.

Im changing ecu to a hks fcon vpro soon and replacing my afms with a motec map sensor kit but before mapping i want to sort out all other issues

Any ideas what my problems could be down to..??car aint running nice lately at all.It used to run like a dream..:bawling:

Please help !

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Start swapping, it is the easiest way of doing it. Everything you mentioned, its going to be one of those, that is why its nice to have extra parts around. Or an extra GTR or two :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts