GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! From a different country but hoping to learn some good info and meet some cool people.

My name is Patrick and I am from Charleston, SC. I went up to Toronto about a month and a half ago and picked up a '90 GTR from a private seller on Kijiji. The car is in storage up there until the beginning of the new year when I can get past our dumb government and their stupid laws.

Again thanks for having me and I hope to acquire some tips/tricks/knowledge along the way.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Welcome buddy, sorry to be a bore but 99.9% chance of whatever you are thinking has been asked already so use the search function ;)

When you go to turn on the car, disconnect the CAS and crank it a few times till it builds oil pressure on the dash, then plus CAS back in and fire it up

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep! every nutswinger 240 kid is talking about it now. Thankfully the market hasn't been too saturated. I am doing mine the right way and waiting on our 25 year old rule to please the NHTSA and DOT but it is complete agony owning a car that I cannot physically touch. But alas...no pain no gain.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome buddy, sorry to be a bore but 99.9% chance of whatever you are thinking has been asked already so use the search function ;)

When you go to turn on the car, disconnect the CAS and crank it a few times till it builds oil pressure on the dash, then plus CAS back in and fire it up
yea I have slowly been glancing over the site and every question I have had so far has been answered in depth. Glad I had some free time today at work to register and check it out!

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
yep! every nutswinger 240 kid is talking about it now. Thankfully the market hasn't been too saturated. I am doing mine the right way and waiting on our 25 year old rule to please the NHTSA and DOT but it is complete agony owning a car that I cannot physically touch. But alas...no pain no gain.
Are you keeping it stock or are you going to tinker with it

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well as of right now I'm being told the car has R34 twins, Mines ECU, and hks coilovers. I would like to get rid of the twins and do a single conversion but really am looking into a reliable 400-500 wheel hp. From what I am seeing it is not hard to attain those numbers just costly.

I do want to keep the outside as stock looking as possible.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Get the parts checked out and see what you have, sadly not always got fitted what you think there is/was told :(

Regarding turbos, split opinions but if it was me I'd stick to twins for a good reliable 550bhp with all supporting mods. Check out RSFOUR thread on his stock 32 for how a completely stock 32 looks like, some simple NISMO touches on a 32 do look good and stock to the untrained eye.
Be warned the RB26 is addictive :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was pleased to find out that my employee cost from Nissan works for NISMO too and a simple phone call to my rep can get me stuff from the Japanese NISMO store as well.

Already had to buy a damn slave cylinder because the one on it is toast.

Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don't worry dude, couple of months will fly by and then you can enjoy your beast.

If you can try to drive the car around the block a few times between now and when you get the car registered just to keep your brakes clean and bearings and anything else in check

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahaha I'm telling ya everyday I'm just counting down!! March it was almost like I was expecting my first born child!!!.....only 9 months. I'm headed back up in two weeks to swap this slave cyl out and gonna take her for a little spin. Can't do much since it won't be registered or insured but this is gonna be it for the next eight months so some fresh fuel stabilizer and other little odds and ends until I come and snag it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome Patrick i hope you enjoy your 32 when your able to get it across :p im still waiting for mine from Japan, not to long now.

Everyone seems to be really nice and helpful on here & have answered all my questions so far so i think you are in good hands here :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the forum , you can look at it this way, waiting period as a perfect opportunity to gather up some cash and get some really good parts. In that perspective the 8 month hold is not so bad is it? :wavey:
When you put it that way it's definitely not a bad idea!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright finally able to get some pics up.

Interior was pretty well taken care of so I'm super thankful for that. I'm assuming that bubble in the dash is commonplace so will be reading up on how to fix it but for the most part I am really happy. The bumper will have to be repaired and this makes me nervous because it is crucial the car stays factory color.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts