GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just recently bought a 2000 R34 GTR and was just browsing the net for some info and came across this site with tons of info..

I used to live in Perth, Western Australia a drive a R33 GTS non turbo.. hehe.. slow i know.. Now im living in Malaysia and i just recently got the R34 GTR. Amazing car.. but somewhat uncomfortable.. hehe..

Just a quick question though.. I bought the car with this Navigator thing.. In the middle is the aircond and the bottom is a radio player and above the aircond seems to be a CD slot with a TV function. Of course when i press TV, i get nothing but fuzz cause i doubt that the system here and japan are the same but is there any chance i could program some TV channels into that or how do i even work it? Like plug in a PS2 or sumthing.. Pics of it are below.. Anyone else have this?

Anyhow, just saying hi and here are some pics of my car.

·
6,821 Posts
Hi man, welcome to the forum.

A nice looking GTR34 you have there, I not remember someone having a Veilside bumper here on the board, looks agressive.
How's it to drive in Kuala Lumpur . . .:p they drive those small Golf cart like cars , arn't they?

For the TV , how is it with the fequency of Malaysian TV channels, how many can you actually get with an antenna? I think you just need to change the reciever (correct me if I am wrong)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. Can't help you with your question though I'm afraid. All R34 GTR's came with the Multi Function Display but not got a clue about the CD thing with the TV button on it? I'm sure someone will have the answer though.

Scott

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gtrlux: Thanks alot man.. The Veilside Kit is the Street Drag Kit in the Top Secret Veilside 34 GTR that recorded 340 something km/h..

Had to drive down to Singapore to get it where there was a Veilside dealer man..

Haha... Small golf cart like cars.. I think you're referring to the Kancil.. :D
I think its called the Perodua Nippy in UK but its called the Kancil here.. The design is bought off the Daihatsu Mira.. Not much fun to ride and drive.. Hehe..

Thats the problem with the TV.. I wanna know what each button means but i cant read jap plus im not sure how to tune it if i dont know what the buttons mean. On top of which, im sure there should be an input for like the PS2 or a DVD player?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
There are two mini-jack plugs on the front of the CD unit above the Aircon. These are the video and audio inputs for an external source.
You can't tune the receiver, although maybe you could replace it.
Most of the buttons on the CD unit actually refer to the navi controls not the TV itself....IIRC the only thing you would care about to choose inputs etc is the little joystick and the big round 'cancel' button.

·
Registered
318 Posts
hi mate cracking lookin motor!!!!!!!!!
ive had my r34 gtr for about 2 years now and i have never been able to work the tv or cd player out!!!!! i just leave it on the setting where it shows you about 8 different readings eg boost oil temp etc.
ive tried to get the centre console off to fit a new stereo but didnt have much joy, i was a bit worried that i may break something. think ill just have to try harder next time. good luck mate.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bean: Hey, thanks alot for the help bro.

Have got to give it a go soon and find out what this thing really does. It seems to me all the buttons do nothing except CD and TV. LOL

drive: Hehe... hope you have better luck at your next attempt dude and if i manage to figure it out one of these weekends, ill be sure to let you know. :)

NuttyRB26: Thanks alot dude..

Its a great forum and really informative. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts