GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been hovering around for a while and just thought I'd say hello!

I bought a March 11 Black GT-R in November from Xtreme cars in Birmingham with a Piper Y system (loud but I love it)
I've not seen many of the older GT-Rs on an 11 plate and just wondered how many were actually out there?

Love the car to pieces best move I ever made....... also, did I get the best deal ever? I payed £49.999 with 6.5k miles on it (it's in perfect condition with all services up to date etc...)

I used to be a member of the 350z site when it first started (all them years back!!) just wonder if there are any guys from there?

Cheers
Dave.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello and welcome :thumbsup:

I remember seeing your car for sale at Xtreme and thinking it was a bit of a bargain. I have only previously seen a couple other MY10s on 11 plates on Pistonheads. Quite a considerable saving over a MY11 plus a long warranty period.

Hope you are enjoying your car!!

Martin

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Welcome along.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Just like to point out the service I received from Chris at Extreme was second to none!!

Only having the car over a month I've realised how addictive they are, I didn't think for a second I'd need more speed after being blown away with the power but I've already started looking at the my12s!!

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
You can get far more "bang for your buck" by using one of the known tuners on the forum, like Litchfield or SVM. :)

It's all downhill (wallet wise) from there... :chuckle:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah something I have thought about but worry about warranty issues, couldn't take it down there every time I need a service (live in Manchester) already wondering what to do for next service, not sure I trust Westway Manchester with it!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi guys, been hovering around for a while and just thought I'd say hello!
Welcome Dave - first post from me also!

I used to be a member of the 350z site when it first started (all them years back!!) just wonder if there are any guys from there
350z-uk.com? Yeah I used to be on there from about 2007 - 2009, same username. Not sure if I recognise you or not!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome Dave - first post from me also!

350z-uk.com? Yeah I used to be on there from about 2007 - 2009, same username.
Hey Glasto!! think I was slightly earlier on there around 2005-8, but do remember your name? I had one of the first Kuro GT4s which had a nismo kit on, haha, loved that car!!
Think my user name was 350zGT4 (original haha)

Used to speak to Liam (had the Lambo for a while from Birmingham) and the other LiamZ from Liverpool....

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey Glasto!! think I was slightly earlier on there around 2005-8, but do remember your name? I had one of the first Kuro GT4s which had a nismo kit on, haha, loved that car!!
Think my user name was 350zGT4 (original haha)

Used to speak to Liam (had the Lambo for a while from Birmingham) and the other LiamZ from Liverpool....
Yeah I think I recognise 350zGT4! Was Liam under the name of Sarnie? I remember he had an orange Gallardo so maybe him!

I had a Sunset Coupe for a while when I joined the forum and then had an absolute nightmare whilst importing a 2007 Roadster directly from Japan - took 11 months!!

Haven't got a GT-R quite yet - I've made my way through a couple of Z4 Coupes since the 350 days and in the process of selling my Z4MC now so hopefully won't be too long :)

Glad you're enjoying yours!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that's right it was Sarnie!!
I had an S5 before this, nothing quite compares though, insane car, love it!!!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Good to see more Z owners taking the (large) step forward; there are quite a few names you'll recognise on here and I recall your GT4 from the forum!
I did seven years in my 350z before finally making the switch and the GT-R just keeps getting better ;)

Protegimus

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome,

Im Manchester based too so may see you around.
What colour GT-R do you drive? Must admit seen quite a few recently.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome, just reading through the posts, there's a lot of knowledge knocking round here!!..... fantastic!!

Dave.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to see more Z owners taking the (large) step forward; there are quite a few names you'll recognise on here and I recall your GT4 from the forum!
I did seven years in my 350z before finally making the switch and the GT-R just keeps getting better ;)

Protegimus

Yeah a massive step, I remember reading about the GT-R just before it arrived thinking I had to have one, that must of been at least 4 years ago!!
I been seriously looking for one for over a year, just holding back until I found the right deal..... which I did in spades!!!

Good to see a few of us made the transition.
I'm completely blown away with the car, it really does just get better and better, I'm excited everytime I get in!! Brilliant!!:clap::clap:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm running a DMG 10 plater.

I'm usually around Wilmslow at weekends and commute to town via Princes parkway each morning.

Will keep an eye out for you.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi to you both (Glasto and CRS-55) And welcome:thumbsup:

just watch out for the hommes on here! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts