GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HiCas light keeps coming on when i travel on a lonh striaght, is this a major problem and how can it be fixed or does it really matter ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine comes on randomly as well some times. Also the rev counter occasionally has a fit and jumps about for 10 seconds then stops, never bothered me but just wondered how this is fixed?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rev counter

There is a link on GTROC about the rev counter if you search through google

Mine comes on randomly as well some times. Also the rev counter occasionally has a fit and jumps about for 10 seconds then stops, never bothered me but just wondered how this is fixed?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Next time it occurs, switch off and re-start the car to see if you get another approx 20 minutes of driving before it happens again.
If so the steering angle sensor needs to be set correctly.
The car thinks it's turning a huge circle when in fact it's going straight. The HICAS computer will throw a fault after approx 20 minutes of this.
Not seen when driving around town as you're constantly altering the steering, but on a straight freeway it's not happy.
Mostly the fault of an aftermarket wheel/boss kit not set up to the steering angle sensor correctly.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hicas

Thanks for the info

Next time it occurs, switch off and re-start the car to see if you get another approx 20 minutes of driving before it happens again.
If so the steering angle sensor needs to be set correctly.
The car thinks it's turning a huge circle when in fact it's going straight. The HICAS computer will throw a fault after approx 20 minutes of this.
Not seen when driving around town as you're constantly altering the steering, but on a straight freeway it's not happy.
Mostly the fault of an aftermarket wheel/boss kit not set up to the steering angle sensor correctly.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mine does the same thing as well on long drives going straight.

Do you have a link for a procedure to set the boss up with the computer properly? I'm currently looking through the manual, hopefully it explains how to.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thought i would bump this to save starting again! MY hicas light has started coming on at times aswell, switch car off then turn it back on the light is out, 15-20mins later its back on. I have an aftermarket steering wheel fitted but will be changing back to a stock one shortly.

Will i still need to adjust the steering angle sensor still or should it be ok after that? There is no loss in power or limp mode and still pulls strong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts