GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here (hoping I'm posting in the right place)!

Alright,

Well just thought I'd say hi and the rest, as it's my first post.:wavey:

Been reading the forum for a while now, gathering all the info I can before I make my mind up to sell my Mitsi Evolution IV and get a Skyline :confused:

On all the advice I've had, everyone has said i should only buy GTR as I may feel, short changed, to got for anything less. Mind I prefer the GTRs so makes sense! :bowdown1:

Possibly looking at going for a R33 GTR (as i can't afford a R34), but as I'm after as much info as possible on the normal things such as servicing costs, reliability, performance parts cost etc. Basically I'm trying to find out if it will be cheaper or more expensive to own a Skyline compared to my Evo???

Oh and one last thing, what is the R33 GTS 4WD Skyline like? Got someone interested in a trade with my Evo and there isn't much info on them???

Cheers,

Diehard

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Hi and welcome:wavey:
Its sort of the right area to post....if you had pictures:chuckle:
As for the 4wd GTS, there isnt one. Only the GTR's came with active 4wd. The GTS's are RWD with Hicas (electric rear wheel steer of +/- 2deg, but if i remember correctly, there was a 4 door version of the GTS that had 4wd but i might be mistaken there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the greet... I would post pics but they'd only be of my ugly mug or the Evo and I'd probs get heckled for that! :chuckle:

That GTS Skyline is 4WD??? Bit confused now, wonder if it's had a conversion of sorts.

I did find this:

Nissan Skyline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Taken from there "ENR33 GTS-4 - 2.5 L RB25DE DOHC I6, 190 PS (140 kW) 4WD"

Wonder if it's worth the trade then:eek:

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
4WD is a far cry from 4 wheel steer. The hicas on the GTS and GTST's is only a minor corrective system. More often than not, people disable the hicas as it can sometimes be a bit of a nuisance when you dont really want it.
The GTR's have the Attesa-ETS all wheel drive system. Actively powering the wheels as required. The V-specs came with an active LSD aswell, an upgrade from the normal viscous system on non v-specs.
By the way, on R32's the Hicas was hydraulic. I dont think they did an electric one like the 33 GTS's

·
Registered
51 Posts
R33 GTS4

You could get an R33 GTS4 - however they have the weight of the 4wd system and no turbo to up the ante. Compared to a GTR they are bit of a let down.......

They do exist but there aren't many of them.

Hold out for the GTR especially if you are used to an EVO

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the replies...

Looks like I'm gonna be going for a GTR R33 then.

There seems to be a few years under this model name. Which year is 'the best' or at least is there any years with weaker parts or faults etc. Also can someone tell me more about 'V-Spec'???

Sorry I like to know stuff! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Cheers for the replies...

Looks like I'm gonna be going for a GTR R33 then.

There seems to be a few years under this model name. Which year is 'the best' or at least is there any years with weaker parts or faults etc. Also can someone tell me more about 'V-Spec'???

Sorry I like to know stuff! :rolleyes:
The vspec model rides about 10mm lower and has an active lsd which can transfer power faster from back to front i think.

- Kevin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts