GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just baught my first skyline its a 1992 gtst... cars in rough shape so i am curently doin a r34 conversion since the car needs body work anyways and we cant import then here yet... but that aside i was wondering what engine mods i can do to make the car faster?? i was wondering if i should or even could do a complete rb26 awd or rwd conversion or if i should just build up my rb20??

thanks!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
looking to do cams, injectors, exhaust, intake . fuel raile, etc etc just wondering what the rb20 can do or if i should just swap put a rb26 atm car has hks exhaust blits boost controller blits turbo timer hks ssqv bov and stock everything els

·
Registered
248 Posts
my son had a GTS-T and had it running pretty good. The firtst thing to do is a Front Mount Intercooler, then wide Band O2 (innovate) then something like Nistune and a daughter board to go into the ECU so you can now change stuff on the car and reprogram the ecu at will. Believe me you will be doing it more offten than you might think. If I didn't have those things in place before I changed the fuel injectors I would have never been able to drive the car to the shop to get it fixed. Methanol injection is a good thing to get next and then after that a new turbo (bigger) Then you will have a nice GTS-T but forget doing a full on GT-R AWD retro unless you plan on spending more money to do it then buying 2 GT-R's. Here is a picture when I just got my GT-R and my son came over to see it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
if your looking to do the work yourself, your probably looking at about 3grand to do a standard rb26 conversion but as rwd! done it to my 2l r33 gts and that was with everything, engine, gearbox, wiring loom and ecu etc...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info gtr`s look nice! ill for sure look into everything u said... and about the 3 grand to do a rb26 the money really isnt a issue i just wanna know if i should even bother doin a swap or just build up the rb20 untill i get a gtr... i mean i could do the swap my self my dad own a shop and i could do it there just is it worth putting money into a rb20 or do a swap and put money into a rb26?

·
Registered
866 Posts
from experience i would stick a gtr lump in it! that way you can always add more power to the gtr lump without messing about internals too much!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Depending on whats cheaper or more easily available to you, worthwhile options are:
RB25 (R34 is better), RB26, hybrid RB25/26 top RB30 bottom end, and ye ol faithful LS1 swap.
(while purist will boo & hiss at the LS1 swap, it is extremely good bang for buck and works well with a decent chassis like the R32... lighter overall too!)

I wouldn't bother doing anything with the RB20 unless your planning on racing in restricted categories etc.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well if you were swinging to get a GT-R then just save the money and the hassel and just flog the GTS-T and buy a GT-R and be done with it. If I don't heal up properly from this surgery and it's not looking that good at the moment, My car will be going on the block cause I can't drive a standard any more. Cry ,,Cry ,,Cry:chairshot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts