GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Just thought I do an introduction.Im Dan from Midlands, 21. I always been a German fan and had a CLK and just recently sold my beloved R8:( and now have a GTR on the way!

I am just seeing what sort of bug's etc.. I should look out for before I pick the car up, and also is there any common faults I should pay attention to? and any checks I can perform on the car to see everything is fine and not been "thrashed"

But anyways, I will be seeing a white GTR :)

The list of "Mods" I have is:
Carbon upper half spoiler
Gloss wrap roof
Color code,
Tints,
Meistershaft full system
Re-map (Anywhere to recommend?)
Full Custom leather Upholstery :)

Also is there any modifications that I will really benefit from?

Lastly can someone analyze the do's and dont's (This site has too many pages to flick through!) :)
EG: Cant I perform launch control?

Thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Hey Guys

Just thought I do an introduction.Im Dan from Midlands, 21. I always been a German fan and had a CLK and just recently sold my beloved R8:( and now have a GTR on the way!

I am just seeing what sort of bug's etc.. I should look out for before I pick the car up, and also is there any common faults I should pay attention to? and any checks I can perform on the car to see everything is fine and not been "thrashed"

But anyways, I will be seeing a white GTR :)

The list of "Mods" I have is:
Carbon upper half spoiler
Gloss wrap roof
Color code,
Tints,
Meistershaft full system
Re-map (Anywhere to recommend?)
Full Custom leather Upholstery :)

Also is there any modifications that I will really benefit from?

Lastly can someone analyze the do's and dont's (This site has too many pages to flick through!) :)
EG: Cant I perform launch control?

Thanks!
Dan

Hi Dan, welcome to dark side :)

I wouldn't worry too much, your brand new 35 won't have been thrashed by your HPC really, with 30 miles on clock. But worth quick check over of tires and brakes first.

Make sure your White 35 has matching white panels, a few poor soles have found bumpers don't match. maybe i'm blind but mine appears ok..

Don't add any mods until you've done the 1,200 run in and opti, so any manufacturer bugs can potentially come to light, if any.

Some people run in to the book, some others hard from word go to bed in rings.

GTC has all the 35 carbon, ti and remap love you could need GTC Racing Technology Performance Part Distribution ben @ gtc-r.com. Do a search on my posts, wealth of info out there.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
welcome

hi dan,welcome to the forum.hope you enjoy it theres loads of good info on here..id advise taking somone who"s got a skyline if possible wene you go looking at them.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts