GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello peeps:wavey: im new on this forum as you can see. Im currently a member on the MLR but do fancy a GTR R 34 V SPEC? if that makes sense im on here to get to know about this model before taking the plunge...after 5 years of lancer evolution owner ship i want to grow up lol my current car is a lancer evo IX fq 320 so please please please guys go easy on me cheers MAX :)

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Hey Max. Welcome.

That's exactly the jump I made. There's plenty of info on here, so have a search and then feel free to ask away. We don't bite... that often.

I made the move from a EVO5 (Yellow) to an R34. I was lucky to have the EVO and the 34 at the same time - thinking about it I also had a Intergrale Evo in the garage - and never looked back. They are different tools for different jobs. Where abouts are you? Perhaps one of the members on here can take you for a spin?

Happy Christmas!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Getting a spin in the sort car you aim to have would be the best bet i.e. if you are looking at a 450bhp R34 V-Spec than no point in going out in a std R34 as it will feel a bit slower than your FQ320.

The one thing I noticed from all the posts about people who move from EVOs is that they notice the weight of the GT-R and the loose rear end compared to the EVOs but all seem to grow to love the GT-Rs handling over the EVO's if not the weight issue lol.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Good point. When I picked up my R34 it was totally standard and felt slow by comparison to my 350'ish bhp EVO. That being said, the R34 was awesome on the m'way in France (midnight run) and was very stable at very high speeds...

In summary you must go for a spin in a Stage 1 R34 :) Pop down to a tuner near you...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Max. Welcome.

That's exactly the jump I made. There's plenty of info on here, so have a search and then feel free to ask away. We don't bite... that often.

I made the move from a EVO5 (Yellow) to an R34. I was lucky to have the EVO and the 34 at the same time - thinking about it I also had a Intergrale Evo in the garage - and never looked back. They are different tools for different jobs. Where abouts are you? Perhaps one of the members on here can take you for a spin?

Happy Christmas!
Hi fella im from the manchester area i'd love to go out in a modded r34

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Similarly, when i got my R32 GTR it was bog standard and unmolested,was slow as shite compared to my WRX Impreza, but now after a few quid spent on the RB26, and correct mods done (eventually), the Subaru wouldnt see which way it went..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts