GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:nervous: Hi All,

It may be that I've just never noticed before - but would be grateful if anybody could comment on the following;

When I start the engine, all of the dash display lights come on & go off.
As I start moving 1 of 2 things then happens - either;

(a) The HICAS & ABS light comes on, and stays on for around 10 seconds, or
(b) The lights flash on & off, once or twice within the first minute of driving.

Is this a problem, or is it signifying that they are kicking-in as I move,

Your help is appreciated,

Regards,

Silent D

·
Registered
234 Posts
sounds like its flashing a trouble code record how many times the light flashes eg. 3 quick flashes pause 2quick flashes number 32 then try and find list for hicas faults on the gtr manual

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its random!!!!

Hi fellas,

thanks for the help.

With regards to the lock-out bar - i dont know??? The car is pretty standard so I'm guessing NO???

With regards to the code flashing - it's completely random - sometimes they dont come on at all !!!
Today has been worst - the lights came on and stayed on for a good 30 seconds before going off.

Any more ideas???

Cheers,

D

·
R35 Section manager
11,256 Posts
Dont think you will have a lock out bar.Had the same thing myself recently,turn out to be a dodgy connection on my torque controller the first time!! And a steering sensor the 2nd time..
Hope that helps?

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Its sometimes worth breaking and making connections on the ABS and associated sensors, check if they have corroded, also check the sensor rings to see if they are corroded too, Whenever confronted with such problems check the free stuff first :)

ABS can fail for corroded sensor rings, cracked sensor ring, damaged sensor, dodgey wiring, bad connector, and thats before getting really into it.

And as stated, Check the speed convertor if you have one, also, Have a search here about hicas fault codes, there is a way to get the hicas in diagnostic mode, might be worth checking as it will cost nothing but some time.

Check all your fluids too (this never hurts at any time)

·
R35 Section manager
11,256 Posts
Have a search here about hicas fault codes, there is a way to get the hicas in diagnostic mode, might be worth checking as it will cost nothing but some time.

Check all your fluids too (this never hurts at any time)
Yes the brake fluid being low could also cause this.
I had a go at trying to get that fault code working on my car,its something daft like turn the steering wheel to the left and right 6 times,then drive back and forwards:blahblah: :confused: You will look like a right nutter trying to get it to work-I gave up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts