GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this a ball joint (R32 GTR), part#55154-30P00?

here's a closeup, the joint that's holding the endrod to the wheel thingie:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Sure is mate, part number is spot on, NIS5515430P00, Ball Joint Assy, (he he, part number has poo at the end :D ).

When I changed mine I also found that the ball joints at the inner end of the control arms were worn, so I bought two of those too, P/No. NIS4852135A06, Socket Assy - Rod.

Here is what the two parts look like when all shiny and new:

And here's how much of a pain it is to fit them:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/30967-problem-my-bush.html

Good luck dude. ;)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do they wear easily and what are the symptoms of a problem?
well, I can wiggle my left rear wheel, it's got about a millimeter or two of play, when the car is on a lift. The ball joint can be easily wiggled, whereas the other side has no play on the wheel and it takes some hard pulling to get the ball joint to move by hand.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yep that's right, same symptoms as worn track rod ends, (because that's basically what they are). Jack the car up and waggle the wheels to see how much of a beating your credit card is going to take. ;)

They won't wear as quick as front track rod ends I wouldn't have said, because they are not pivoting anywhere near as much as the steering rod ends.

When I replaced mine the ones in there looked original, so they last a fair while, but my HICAS is locked, (as is kismetcapitan's by the looks of it), so on HICAS enabled cars they may wear fractionally quicker, but I wouldn't say it'd be a big difference due to the small rear steering angles involved.

kismetcapitan said:
excellent thread, thanks for the wealth of information mate!
No probs, glad it was some use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.