GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a problem with my R32 GTR. The hicas warning light is coming on after around 7 mins of speeds above 50mph eg motorway cruising.
Also I have noticed that before the light comes on the faster I go the more right steering input I need to stay straight! about 5 degrees at 80mph. When the warning light comes on the car tracks straight at all speeds.
I'm thinking that the hicas system is getting a false signal from somewhere (possibly steering wheel sensor) causing the rear wheels to steer as the speed increases. As I understand it when the light comes on the system is disarmed and the rear rack returns to its neutral position.
Any input ideas or details of similar problems would be appreciated.
And I have attempted the hicas reset several times :chuckle:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
my R32 GTS-T does the same thing, warning light comes on on the freeway...but I've got a HICAS eliminator bar installed :p

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Probably Hicas position sensor is faulty. Common problem on R32 GT-R's.
Need to fit in calibrated position when replacing. Or remove and fit Hicas replacement bar.
We supply either part / kit.

Miguel.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Have a problem with my R32 GTR. The hicas warning light is coming on after around 7 mins of speeds above 50mph eg motorway cruising.
Also I have noticed that before the light comes on the faster I go the more right steering input I need to stay straight! about 5 degrees at 80mph. When the warning light comes on the car tracks straight at all speeds.
I'm thinking that the hicas system is getting a false signal from somewhere (possibly steering wheel sensor) causing the rear wheels to steer as the speed increases. As I understand it when the light comes on the system is disarmed and the rear rack returns to its neutral position.
Any input ideas or details of similar problems would be appreciated.
And I have attempted the hicas reset several times :chuckle:
I had the exact same problem, never did get to the back of it, but fitted a Tomei Hicas Lock and hey-presto, the hinge from the middle of the chassis had been removed :D

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I realise removing the HICAS is a quick economical fix, but I kind of think your loosing part of the skyline if you remove it. Its one of the combination of things that makes the car what it is. It may be an expensive, complicated and difficult part of the car but I'd rather keep it. :rolleyes:

Hope that makes sense! And no offence intended to anyone who has removed it :chuckle:

·
Registered
715 Posts
try resetting the neutral position by leaving the steering wheel straight ahead and disconnecting the battery for a few hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts