GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Hicas has never worked since I bought the car and I never been able to work out why.
Anyway, last week the light came on so I decided to do the 'self diagnostics'.

This flagged up code 21, which is listed as 'vehicle speed sensor not present'.

Anyone got any suggestions as to where I should start looking to solve this?

Cheers,
Ade.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Here is what someone pointed out with my hicas issue;
21. Vehicle speed signal not present

which to me would say youve cut wire 53 on the ecu (or have a dodgy speedo/delimiter chip) on a standard ECU but im sure you said you dont have the standard ecu (or have you had the original reprogrammed?) and dont know how other ecus are wired in

Maybe it could be that? Heres the link to my thread;
Possible HICAS problem ? What do you guys think? - Skyline Owners Forum

I have just bought a hicas eliminator kit from driftworks. I will get it fitted soon. Id rather go overkill and make sure it dont happen again ;-)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, as I suspected. I reckon it will be down to the speedo converter chip then, as I am still running the standard ECU in it's stock form and my speedo does strange things from time to time.
I also get the rear end 'jolt' as well.

Time to remove the chip and see what happens!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good luck,hope ya get it fixed,i still get hot sweats thinking of that rear end jolt.....not nice at alll....

·
Registered
726 Posts
hicas eliminator kit from driftworks very nice bit of kit.

if you still have problems just eliminator it.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
My Hicas has never worked since I bought the car and I never been able to work out why.
Anyway, last week the light came on so I decided to do the 'self diagnostics'.

This flagged up code 21, which is listed as 'vehicle speed sensor not present'.

Anyone got any suggestions as to where I should start looking to solve this?

Cheers,
Ade.

As others have said, suspect the speed converter, but if you get fed up with chasing the problem I have an unwanted new Cusco HICAS removal kit for sale at well under list price :)

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
my 32gtr blows a fuse and thats when my light comes on.and when i change it the lights goes out/hicas works for about a day of driving..

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok chaps, if I go ahead and fit a HICAS lockout bar (I'd most likely make my own), what happens to the light on the dash, is it permanently on?

·
Registered
726 Posts
here the best info no it all....
for the light the best way is to cut the green / white trace wire on small block to hicas computor that way the light still works for low oil all is explained in detail in link.
hyperlink= JustSkylines.com - HICAS Removal Guide

1 - 10 of 10 Posts