GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
What do you think is causing this:
- My Hicas light randomly turns on especially on uneven roads, then shuts off after. Kinda annoying when driving.
- clicking sound on the rear trunk is heard, even at stop... sometimes it's heard every 3 mins. or so.

And I don't know if it's coincidental but there are times that Hicas light goes on the same time the clicking sound on my rear trunk area is heard.

Hope you can help me guys! Thanks!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Hicas ECU? I that the one on the left side of the trunk? And what are these beside my speakers? I'll try to check...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a BNR32. Oh I see... hmm seems the connection is ok, try to double check by removing the hard matting. Do you know where is the Hicas sensor my friend?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
The loose connection could also be inside the ECU.

Hicas sensor???

There's a disc on the steering column that connects to your steering boss. This checks your steering angle.

I'm not sure if the Hicas is also somehow connected to the G-Sensor (which is used for the ATTESA), but the G-Sensor sits right under your center console/arm rest.

Oh, and I think it's also somehow connected to the vehicel speed sensor.

To be honest, I'm also not that biased with the Hicas system. I already removed it from my car, as I don't like what it does. I want to drive with my car and not my car with me.

Btw, if there's a third box mounted in between the ATTESA and HICAS ECU, that's the standard Nissan audio amplifier.

Leo

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh shoot! Do I have to open the ECU? Wait at the bottom of my speakers I see 2 nissan boxes and at the middle it's an audio thingy, I guess that's the amp.
I thought the HICAS ECU is on the left side of the trunk covered by the matting boards?
So you disconnected the HICAS? But how about the power steering? I thought it will be heavy if you disable it.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
When you stand behind your car and you look into the trunk, the first ECU left (passenger side) is ATTESA (check for the control lamp, you should see a little round window on the side which is facing to the trunk bottom), then in the middle is the audio stuff and next to it on the right side, that's the HICAS ECU.

I wouldn't open the ECU by myself. I would head to a garage which is versant to the GTR and it's electrical system.

I haven't disconnected the ECU itself, I have removed the solenoid, all the piping and the hydraulic cylinder at the back, which was replaced by a lock bar.

The easier way would be to go for Tomei Hicas lock.

Do a search on Hicas and you'll find various threads about Hicas or no Hicas and what's the best way when you want to get rid of it. Removing the system like I did saves you about 20kg or so.

Be careful! I don't know what happens when you just disconnect the ECU and drive around like this!

Leo

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK!! Thanks a lot dude! But what's this small ecu located on the left side of the trunk together w/ the jack?

·
Registered
99 Posts
SeR GTR - Since on the 32's the hicas is hydraulic, check your power steering fluid, the res for that is the fluid for the hicas as well, low fluid will do the same thing if it is right on the sensor limit.

If you can get a pic or the nissan part number off the module you are looking at on the left it might be easier to identify it, but otherwise leo is correct on the modules under the parcel shelf id.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SeR GTR - Since on the 32's the hicas is hydraulic, check your power steering fluid, the res for that is the fluid for the hicas as well, low fluid will do the same thing if it is right on the sensor limit.

If you can get a pic or the nissan part number off the module you are looking at on the left it might be easier to identify it, but otherwise leo is correct on the modules under the parcel shelf id.
I noticed it lights up when I pass thru some kind of road hump..

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sure the sound in the boot is normal, my 33 has always done it.
Really? It like flicks like every 30 sec . or so. And I noticed during the click sound, the lights in the dash also "flicks" in sequence. It's like when you turn on the headlight or a/c.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Really? It like flicks like every 30 sec . or so. And I noticed during the click sound, the lights in the dash also "flicks" in sequence. It's like when you turn on the headlight or a/c.
No mine sounds like a servo going every 5 min +/-.

Yours may be something else then. Not Sure. Sorry

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Checked it again... and clicking sound is somewhere in the left side bottom area of the trunk. Could someone tell if is this related to the Hicas light issue?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Check the voltage at the hicas module in the boot. Low volts can make both the hicas and attessa freak. Otherwise, do a hicas diagnostic and report back the fault codes and we might be able to help you..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts