GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi all,
I was under the impression that the R33 was equipped with electric motors controlling the HICAS.. I can be very wrong..:confused:

As I drive a R32 the HICAS fluid for this model is added in the same canister as for the power-steering fluid under the bonnet. In the boot (right side) the canister is for the ATESSA-ETS function.

But as Keith states, the warning light indicates some malfunction. Error codes (different number of dash light-flashes) indicating where to look is shown after troubleshooting mode is activated.

Regards
Lars B

·
Registered
720 Posts
Your correct Bobban, the Hicas on all the R33 models are controlled by an electric motor. The small tank in the boot on the GTR's (off-side), is used for the torque convertor for the 4wd.

I had the Hicas light problem, and it turned out to be a lose fuse of all things, also made the steering feel heavy.

Jason.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No HICAS tank on R33:s

As Jason replied there are no hydraulics tank for the HICAS on R33:s, so adding fluid to your HICAS system will be impossible..;)

On the other hand the HICAS on R32:s rely on the same system as the power-steering.. giving the result that Nissan Power Steering Fluid would be the one to use. (in R32:s)
The ATTESSA system (4WD-control) uses the same type of fluid.. So you would be correct filling either of the car models systems with the type mentioned above.

Your local Nissan dealer should be able to supply this, if corresponding fluids isn´t available at any petrol filling station or garage.

Regards
Lars B.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My HICAS light only comes on after about an hour of driving and will go off if the engine is stopped.

Where is the HICAS tank on the R33?

I can't find it!

Anyone in N/E who can meet me and help me out??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, i'm a little stupid!

Should i be worried of the HICAS light comes on?

It rarely does and there seems to be no problems when it does.

Where are the fuses located mentioned above?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Its located under the steering colunm next to the bonnet catch lever (small pull out Compartment), and I seem to remember it been about the 5th fuse down from the left. Best to get it checked out, you don't want your rear wheels turning for no reason due to a malfunction at high speed!.

Jason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts