GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I done a stupid thing. Fitting a new car stereo (all Rich J's fault:) ) I forgot to allign the front wheels forward before disconnecting the battery:rolleyes: I realised my mistake almost straight after pulling off the terminal (Bit late by then!).
And today "may well be my imagination" the car seems to be pulling to the left all the time.

How do I re-set / recalibrate the hicas?

Any help would be great.

Jason.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Jason

Take the battery terminal off again, straighten the wheels and put back on.

When you put power back on the Hicas asumes the front wheels are straight and starts from there so just remove power to reset.

Did you get them bits in the end Jason?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
yes

As per the other 2 people on the board whom I have promised parts to, I have the parts but just cant get to em thru various reasons but will hopefully get access to them in the next few weeks, when I have em I will get back in touch with you.

Just wish now that I haddent offered the bits as I wasnt ready to get em out and must just seem to be messing everyone around but its not intentional.:)

Will be back in touch, keep the faith;)

Hope you Hicas sorts itself out.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Naughty boy Jason:p Did u get my email about the anti rattle clip for brakes?

Did the radio work in the end? lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Rich,

yeah working great. Getting tired with Minidiscs already though, so I'll be wanting that changer soon.

Email?:confused: Don't think I received it. Not sure about the clip, is it the one that lives on the top?.

Jason.

·
Registered
865 Posts
yeah thats the one mate, it sits on top. Had one but not the other. Just wondered if it was lying around your place? Manged to fit the hole lot without it as I can't drive the car far due to a failing clutch at the mo.

As for the changer bare with me as i'm in process of securing a 10 dics changer out for u at a very good price.:D

I'll send another email out to you.:smokin:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Jason, Im sure you know this already but just incase...

All UK cars pull slightly to the left when you let go of the wheel incase the steering brakes and you loose control, hence it will run toward the curb and not into oncoming traffic (or so thats the theory)

Rob

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
pull to the left

that is not the reason why they pull to the left

the reason is they pull to the left when you get near a

PETROL STATION

KEITH

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to get the Tracking / Camber looked at next week. The Hicas didn't solve anything.

Keith: Petrol station? - Don't you mean Petrol tanker?

Jason.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts