GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why my HICAS warning light is on?? is it bad and how do I make it go out again?! Came on today driving home.. not sure exactly when as It's partly obscured by a boost guage..

I had an alarm fitted today and wondered if it would come on if they disconnected the battery and then reconnected it with out the steering being straigt ahead?? Please help.

Seems everytime I drive at the moment I have a different warning light come on!

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have tried the disconnect battery business left it off all night!.. No joy.. came one half way into work today.. seems to be the same as every one says.. comes on after about 10mins driving.

What else can trigger it?? Obviously it is something that has got upset by the alarm fitting?? any plugs or wires on the steering column?

Please help!
Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I think there's a way to recalibrate the HICAS which involves disconnecting the battery and holding the brake down. Not sure of the specifics though, someone else will hopefully post with better details.

Also, if you've had an aftermarket steeringwheel/boss fitted lately, that can cause the light to come on. When I fitted mine, I had to turn the ring with the HICAS sensor on it round a bit to line up with the hole in the boss, and I get the light on as well sometimes after about 10 mins on the motorway.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers.. I hope someone posts too!
Only thing that has been done is the alarm.. and the guy said all he unplugged was the main llive lead out of the fuse box under the dash.. From the posts I have red yo disconnect the brattery and press the brake pedal to drain the juice from everything.. but if there is more to know bonus! or must it go for a reset somewhere??

Lee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts