GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Superb turnout from the Jap motors at the "show" today. Wouldn't like to say how many were there, but it certainly a couple of hundred. It shows the strength of the Jap car scene in this country - esp. when you compare it to about 20 Kit cars and maybe 40 Street Machine cars (who've supposedly been doing this show for years !). It was a great sight (just a shame the weather was so horrible - never mind).

The skylines there today looked awesome - and it was great to have been able to get them all together in one spot (all around the Abbey stand - which in itself looked superb with both Glens and Ruperts cars).

My 3 highlights were hearing Henry arrive at Bolney, following SteveC up to the petrol station as he snaked up the road, and sitting 2 cars back from Rupert when he put his foot down for a moment.....(someone should put that sound on a CD and sell it in our price ! :D ).

Some nice non-skyline metal there too today....and i was quite chuffed at the number of people who stopped at my motor when i popped the bonnet.

Good to see you all again, catch ya soon.
Daz

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hickstead

Cheers Daz for being one of your favorite memories of the day but you should jump in along side me sometime because I drive like that all the time ;)

Sorry I had to rush off at 10.30am but the wife phoned and I was ordered back home at the double as Henry Jnr. wasn`t very well.Still I saw the whole of the British Grand Prix which was fantastic for a change and the little guy is feeling much better now.

Roll on the next meet,

Henry

ps.Nice bit of carbon lip-spoiler Glen.:)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Henry, i'll gladly have a passenger ride in your motor...cheers for the offer.

Glens car looked wicked as usual ! The new bits look top notch, i know there's always a bit of banter on here, but I genuinely like the new carbon bits he had fitted.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Pics Up

Hi guys

It was good as allways to meet up with people etc etc, although to be honest I found the actual meet was a dissapointment.

I had much more fun at Bolney and driving there! Perhaps next meeting we could all just go out for a big drive :D

Anyway, I have taken some pics as usual

http://www.pulsatingstar.dsl.pipex.com/

Some of them are ok, providing my ISP is deciding to show the images! Ive tried cheking and sometimes they are there, sometimes not
:confused:

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice set of Pics Lee - cheers for getting a shot of my engine bay (downloaded that :D ).

Just thought i'd point out, the pictures after the NSX aren't hyperlinked to the larger copies.....

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
997 Posts
Great Pic`s

Hi Lee,

Great pic through my rear spoiler and thanks for putting up a shot of the good old 2.8,I worked hard with the polish last night!

I liked the drive too,all 5 minutes of it from Bolney to Hickstead:D

See Ya,
Henry.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Top pics Lee

again ;) .

That Blue/Purplish Yank Roadster was ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. Everywhere you looked on that car it was finished perfectly in every detail. Got to see under the bonnet and it was superb.

It was nice to see its not only us who take our beloveds out in the wet :smokin: .

Memory of the day for me has to be seeing NWelch after he came back from a quick run in Ruperts 33. He got out of Ruperts car, red faced, and totally stunned. First time I've seen Nick quiet until he started f'ing and blinding :D .

Good to meet up with the guys again and also to see Ronnie in his new Silver 34 attend a meet.

See ya.

glen

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Purple yank roadster

Glen
could you actually see the engine or just a box the same colour as the car?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Cover

M19 GTR

Yeah that cover was a bit view obscuring but when you had a good look round it, at what you could see, it was mint :smokin: . Also all the sides around the engine come off as did the bonnet and roof.

Was I going mad or was his steering wheel the same disign as his wheels ?

glen

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Got to admit thou the car was perfect in every way even the steering wheel. To much time and effort if you ask me:D

·
Registered
805 Posts
Enjoyed my short visit to Hickstead this morning, despite the drizzle, I had leave after an hour or, so sorry to those I said I'd catch up with later, seem to have spent most of my time grilling the Cappuccino lads

Lee... cracking pics yet again, speedy too :)

A big thank you to Mark, of Abbey, for the 'sale or return' :) calipers and discs it was a great help mate... cheers, much impressed by your little set up and the only shelter on site, smart move :) hope it did well for you

Glen, Black and Blue suit you... very cool

Is this the roadster ?, wheels of the day award for me, don't think you'll find these at Halfords :D

·
Registered
805 Posts
Abbey stand

Paul,

Here's one, low res as taken off video...

Nice pics Lee, got the Cappuccino too, well done :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts