GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the R32, the lights are rubbish and need an HID kit.

I want a HID kit but I know nothing about them. Who has one and who can asnswer these question,

Is there a seperate kit for mains and dipped?

Thats bulbs are they? (H4)

How good are they?

Are they easy to fit?

Any other comments.

Thanks guys 'n' gals

Andy

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
They're literally brilliant!

We supply kits from stock, for all cars. Please inquire on www.neweraparts.com

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
they came on my car so im affraid i couldnt answer your questions andy, all i can say is they are V V good but the full beam doesnt work with mine.

oh, and my TSC turned up today, cheers!!!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have a HID kit and they are ace (had it fitted to my last car though) made a 300% difference and worth every penny,
I got mine from ebay for about £180 delivered. very easy to wire in as you just connect the + and - from the origional bulb connection to the + and - on the HID ballast box.

You will need a seperate kit for the main and dipped beams. TBH u will only need the dipped to be done IMO...

The hard part is getting the lights out to fit them. It's too hard really to do them with the lights fitted i think so does any1 have a guide as to how to remove the lights ?

the bulbs i have on my kit are H4 as well (is this the same size as the dipped beam ? - hope so) not fussed about the main beam as its bright enough anyways.

If someone can give me a guide to removal/refit of the lights and confirm that the dipped beam is a H4 bulb then i'll fit this weekend and post a mini vid showing the difference of the std lights and HID kit in real road conditions at nighttime

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the replys guys,

Looks like I'll be investing in a set.

Well done Luffy, get the TSC controller fitted now, but don't do Mallory till you have a good oil system.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
no im not going to do mallory park just yet mate. i have the a decent oil pump but donet know bout anything else so looks like im bout to spend more money!

TSC will be fitted on Monday mate when car goes into garage to have new wheels fitted.

Get the HIDs mate you wont regret it they are really good!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
HID bulbs can glare really badly when you put them into reflectors not designed for them, especially the high Kelvin rating ones.

You can buy H4 high/low bulbs which fit the N1 lights.

Unless you want to look like a Fast & Furious reject, go for 4200K.

Phil

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
yeah i got the 4200k phillips kit from ebay £180 delivered and they were ace on my old car, just got to fit them in the gtr now..... any1 got instructions for removing the lights and i'll post a vid what the phillips kit is like at night by the weekend...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
agreed with Mookistar.

Ian at HIDS4U is a great guy and all thier stuff comes with 12 month warranty!

unlike some of the EBAY stuff!

go for the pilot kit as I have it on my 996 and it makes a HUGE difference!

I am running the H7s with 6000k. nice blue and white tint and loads more light!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts