GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experiance of these for a R32?

What is the brightest type, 6k, 8k, or 10k
Is 10K brighter than 6k or is it just more blue and does not have anymore useable light?

Not really bothered about whats legal I just want bright, I live in the country and have already killed one fox, would like to see the next one first, would hate to kill a badger but have been close a few times.

What kits have you used and would you recommend them? Have you done both dipped and main beam?

·
Registered
597 Posts
got some but not fitted yet, went for 6000K, 3/4000K is yellowery like non hids, 6000k is whiteish and 8-10000K are going from blue to purple but are no brighter and you may get tugged by the old bill.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Its worth getting the kit that also has HID main beam a lot of kits dont

·
Registered
323 Posts
The light output declines as you move up in colour temp. This is down to the way they dye the bulbs to get a higher kelvin output.

The best brightness comes from 4400K bulbs which are close to OEM HID, 6000K is a very white light with blue tinge but will give a marginally poorer light output, anything above id not go for as it would only end up getting you pulled over due to the blue/purple cast of the lighting.

Previously i would only use a kit with a phillips/hella ballast unit due to reliability concerns however i have just got a new type in to try and initial quality looks very good. I plan to install them this week so can let you know what I think once they are fitted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts