GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive no high beam on my skyline headlights. there an r33 conversion i think. ive asked the previous owner and they did work fine. if i live the 3rd wire on the bulb main beam lights up, but the wire feeding it is an earth when i pull beam switch !

how can a live become an earth ? could a relay do this as it seems to run through 3 relays !

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Those headlights are the rare N1 version and they take an H4 bulb. I fitted the relays because when I owned the car I fitted 100/110w bulbs.

Can't remember exactly (it was a while back) but I'm fairly sure one of the relays was for high beam and the other was for dip. Check to see if both are clicking. Don't remember there being three though.

As I said in my PM, never had any probs with them.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there seems to be an fet loom steve with a twin relay in it going to the lights, symetrical relay so i flipped it 180 degrees and plugged it back in and still the same headlights but no main beam. then theres 1 relay in the fusebox for headlights.

was it a white fet loom you fitted with a twin relay in 1 big relay casing ? im just wondereing if someone has messed around with it since you owned it

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all sorted live feed to new relay set was disconnected :shy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts