GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Currently trying to decide which carbon rear wing to go for. I'm want to keep an oem-ish look. So I'm torn between the oem size one or the 'high level' oem style one for a subtly more aggressive look.

Anybody got a high level one fitted and got some pics?

I'll probably source it through knightracer so any comments on finish/figment would be welcome.

What are people's thoughts/opinions?

Cheers

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Hi

Here's a selection of our rear spoilers

Hybrid Carbon Range:

Nissan R35 GTR CD Hybrid Carbon Rear Spoiler

Nissan R35 GTR Mines Hybrid Carbon Rear Spoiler

Nissan R35 GTR KR OEM Hybrid Carbon Rear Spoiler (full set)

Regular Carbon Range:

Nissan R35 GTR High Level OEM Carbon Rear Spoiler

Nissan R35 GTR JDM design Carbon Rear Spoiler

Nissan R35 GTR Carbon Spoiler Raisers

The "Hybrid Carbon" range is a superior product. The "Regular Carbon" Range is still very good quality, with real carbon fibre but with FRP base. Both available in gloss or matte finish.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Albert, what's the difference between the hybrid and regular carbon? Difference in weight, durability, finish?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Would a copy of the original in carbon not be the "best" one ?
If a slightly higher version was better Nissan have made it that way or altered the design since with all the wind tunnel testing and the like.
J

·
Registered
269 Posts
KR carbon raisers. Painted to get stock look. Fitment was ok, did a trial fit some very minor rubbing down to get perfect and then get painted. Used motorcycle screen rubber grommet style fixings for the removable inside side panels as self tapper dies not cut it. Finished article looks the business. Major pia to remove stock centre section from boot.

Downside is that you can't see whats behind you as easily as it's in the eyeline. For performance I doubt any benefit although generally for aero higher is better, but styling departments keep low...

Hi all,

Currently trying to decide which carbon rear wing to go for. I'm want to keep an oem-ish look. So I'm torn between the oem size one or the 'high level' oem style one for a subtly more aggressive look.

Anybody got a high level one fitted and got some pics?

I'll probably source it through knightracer so any comments on finish/figment would be welcome.

What are people's thoughts/opinions?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Our Hybrid Carbon range of products is lighter, higher grade of carbon fibre matting and weave, also the resin used it superior, the crafters who construct the products is also much better skilled. (This range of products will have the word "Hybrid" in the product name).

Our regular carbon range is like most aftermarket carbon products you find off the shelf (like a lot of our competitors) however we still try to maintain a finish quality above the general mark.

Over the years we have been constantly improving the quality, craftsmanship and tooling, so the same product bought say 3 years ago, will be better quality today. The products that we have found major faults with would have been discontinued.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info Albert :thumbsup:

Is the high level wing the same height as one like Chris's pictured above or is it slightly lower? Looks lower to my eye but havent seen one side by side.

And cheers for the pic/info Chris :thumbsup:

I think i'm favouring the hybrid carbon OEM copy now. I had a Honda Civic Type R with the stupid spoiler across the back window and i hate it when you cna't see behing you properly. I was forever thinking people were flashing me as the spoiler was at the exact height to mask their headlights unless they/you hit a slight bump.

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Yes the Spoiler Raisers that fit inbetween the OEM spoiler will be slightly higher overall than our Nissan R35 GTR High Level OEM Carbon Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
808 Posts
Isnt this what Jurgen runs ?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah Jurgen has the oem bottom half, the knightracer raisers and then i think hes got a mines top half iirc.

Decisions decisions!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Jurgens top half is a godspeed item from the states....really nice piece. I am still debating the carbon but thought the high level might need a differnt front lipat the same time to balance things out a bit...more lip required at the front to carry the bigger rear look.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What lip have you got at the moment Steve?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
What lip have you got at the moment Steve?
Still all stock Sam.....bought anew bike so had to put the carbon plans on hold for a bit. Cant decide on whether to keep the stock look or go for the high level rear wing.....one week stock, next week high level:nervous:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol same here.

Could have sworn you had the knight racer lowers though!

I've got some zele lowers on the way so should go with a more aggressive rear wing. I think the slightly raised one treads the fine line between Oem and after market quite nicely.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Why, why, oh why ????

Read the spec on the aerodynamics of the car and don***8217;t F*ck with the spoiler!!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh dear I've angered Steve! :runaway:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
LOL yeah!!!

You put whatever ironing board you want on the back of your car, but just remember Nissan (I love them to bits) spent a fortune putting your car through wind tunnel tests to get the best shape, height and style of aerodynamic spoiler for your car.

All you***8217;ll do by replacing it with an aftermarket one is **** up the drag coefficient of your car!! (And waste a lot of money on something someone tells you ***8220;looks good***8221;)

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
LOL yeah!!!

You put whatever ironing board you want on the back of your car, but just remember Nissan (I love them to bits) spent a fortune putting your car through wind tunnel tests to get the best shape, height and style of aerodynamic spoiler for your car.

All you***8217;ll do by replacing it with an aftermarket one is **** up the drag coefficient of your car!! (And waste a lot of money on something someone tells you ***8220;looks good***8221;)
Have Nissan tootally ****ed it up then with the Nismo version too if the previous one is the only way to do it right?

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Just don't start me off on the overpriced ridiculous NISMO version of the GT-R

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I take your point Steve but to be fair I'm not a track junkie. My cars a street car and I don't think slightly changing the rear wing is going to have a huge effect.

I'm still undecided on which design to go for but I'm tempted toget the higher one just to annoy you :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts