GTR Forum banner

High level 'OEM' style rear wing

4K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  EAndy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Currently trying to decide which carbon rear wing to go for. I'm want to keep an oem-ish look. So I'm torn between the oem size one or the 'high level' oem style one for a subtly more aggressive look.

Anybody got a high level one fitted and got some pics?

I'll probably source it through knightracer so any comments on finish/figment would be welcome.

What are people's thoughts/opinions?

Cheers

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Albert, what's the difference between the hybrid and regular carbon? Difference in weight, durability, finish?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info Albert :thumbsup:

Is the high level wing the same height as one like Chris's pictured above or is it slightly lower? Looks lower to my eye but havent seen one side by side.

And cheers for the pic/info Chris :thumbsup:

I think i'm favouring the hybrid carbon OEM copy now. I had a Honda Civic Type R with the stupid spoiler across the back window and i hate it when you cna't see behing you properly. I was forever thinking people were flashing me as the spoiler was at the exact height to mask their headlights unless they/you hit a slight bump.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Yeah Jurgen has the oem bottom half, the knightracer raisers and then i think hes got a mines top half iirc.

Decisions decisions!

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Lol same here.

Could have sworn you had the knight racer lowers though!

I've got some zele lowers on the way so should go with a more aggressive rear wing. I think the slightly raised one treads the fine line between Oem and after market quite nicely.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
I take your point Steve but to be fair I'm not a track junkie. My cars a street car and I don't think slightly changing the rear wing is going to have a huge effect.

I'm still undecided on which design to go for but I'm tempted toget the higher one just to annoy you :p

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. Think ill probably go with that seein as the hybrid carbon is the better quality. Plus it'll keep Steve off my back!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.