GTR Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
I take your point Steve but to be fair I'm not a track junkie. My cars a street car and I don't think slightly changing the rear wing is going to have a huge effect.

I'm still undecided on which design to go for but I'm tempted toget the higher one just to annoy you :p
lol...:clap:

Nice dilemna you have Sam!

Steve, what did you think of JCR's aero testing that showed the stock car has massively rear biased aero balance point (-268% behind the rear axle on a MY2012)?
Maybe explains why the steering goes light at ~150mph, but not how Nissan might waste lots of money wind tunnel testing to produce such a result.
Yoshi Suzuka estimated -24kg front and rear downforce at 153mph for the original Cd of 0.27; I don't know what speed JCR's information was derived at, but that might account for some of the difference.

Protegimus

I have the KR OEM style hybrid rear wing.
Great quality and fitment and 2years on still looks like new.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. Think ill probably go with that seein as the hybrid carbon is the better quality. Plus it'll keep Steve off my back!

Sam baby, go and get your ironing board on the back of your car car and I'll come over and eat pixzza off it with you !!

Raised rear spoiler

Chaps

I have recently purchased Chris Neeves old R35 that is pictured on page 1 with the KR spacers and centre to raise the height of the spoiler.

Will be removing these and returning the spoiler back to standard so these items will be for sale if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Chaps

I have recently purchased Chris Neeves old R35 that is pictured on page 1 with the KR spacers and centre to raise the height of the spoiler.

Will be removing these and returning the spoiler back to standard so these items will be for sale if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Ah sensible man !!!! :cool:

Have a word with JCR about his aero testing if you are in any doubt.

Protegimus,

Some serious time was spent analyzing the results, but don't put too much stock in the -268% figure. Bear in mind that percentage was based on the stock downforce numbers which themselves were very low. It means 100g downforce at the front and 1kg downforce at the rear would hugely skew the results in the way you are interpreting. When the numbers are so low, the difference between them proportionally can be enormous.

Steve,

Bear in mind the stock car has efficiency claims to make that mean that being slippery is more important than generating downforce, so while the stock aero might be impressive, the goals of the stock marketers are not the same as the likes of JCR who are trying to achieve better grip through increased downforce.

I had my own OEM style one made with a ducktail lip but removed it now as I run wingless.

I took some photos at the weekend of it next to an OEM spoiler so you can see the difference when they laid side by side. OEM fitment, OEM brake light etc.

Its wrapped by PW Pro in Oyster Pearl White but is in DMG below the wrap.

When I went to ACE Cafe meet I don't think anyone even noticed it wasn't OEM which is what I'd aimed for.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.