GTR Forum banner

High level 'OEM' style rear wing

4K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  EAndy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Currently trying to decide which carbon rear wing to go for. I'm want to keep an oem-ish look. So I'm torn between the oem size one or the 'high level' oem style one for a subtly more aggressive look.

Anybody got a high level one fitted and got some pics?

I'll probably source it through knightracer so any comments on finish/figment would be welcome.

What are people's thoughts/opinions?

Cheers

#2 ·
Hi

Here's a selection of our rear spoilers

Hybrid Carbon Range:

Nissan R35 GTR CD Hybrid Carbon Rear Spoiler

Nissan R35 GTR Mines Hybrid Carbon Rear Spoiler

Nissan R35 GTR KR OEM Hybrid Carbon Rear Spoiler (full set)

Regular Carbon Range:

Nissan R35 GTR High Level OEM Carbon Rear Spoiler

Nissan R35 GTR JDM design Carbon Rear Spoiler

Nissan R35 GTR Carbon Spoiler Raisers

The "Hybrid Carbon" range is a superior product. The "Regular Carbon" Range is still very good quality, with real carbon fibre but with FRP base. Both available in gloss or matte finish.

#5 ·
KR carbon raisers. Painted to get stock look. Fitment was ok, did a trial fit some very minor rubbing down to get perfect and then get painted. Used motorcycle screen rubber grommet style fixings for the removable inside side panels as self tapper dies not cut it. Finished article looks the business. Major pia to remove stock centre section from boot.

Downside is that you can't see whats behind you as easily as it's in the eyeline. For performance I doubt any benefit although generally for aero higher is better, but styling departments keep low...

Attachments

#6 ·
Our Hybrid Carbon range of products is lighter, higher grade of carbon fibre matting and weave, also the resin used it superior, the crafters who construct the products is also much better skilled. (This range of products will have the word "Hybrid" in the product name).

Our regular carbon range is like most aftermarket carbon products you find off the shelf (like a lot of our competitors) however we still try to maintain a finish quality above the general mark.

Over the years we have been constantly improving the quality, craftsmanship and tooling, so the same product bought say 3 years ago, will be better quality today. The products that we have found major faults with would have been discontinued.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info Albert :thumbsup:

Is the high level wing the same height as one like Chris's pictured above or is it slightly lower? Looks lower to my eye but havent seen one side by side.

And cheers for the pic/info Chris :thumbsup:

I think i'm favouring the hybrid carbon OEM copy now. I had a Honda Civic Type R with the stupid spoiler across the back window and i hate it when you cna't see behing you properly. I was forever thinking people were flashing me as the spoiler was at the exact height to mask their headlights unless they/you hit a slight bump.

#8 ·
Yes the Spoiler Raisers that fit inbetween the OEM spoiler will be slightly higher overall than our Nissan R35 GTR High Level OEM Carbon Rear Spoiler

#11 ·
Jurgens top half is a godspeed item from the states....really nice piece. I am still debating the carbon but thought the high level might need a differnt front lipat the same time to balance things out a bit...more lip required at the front to carry the bigger rear look.

#13 ·
Still all stock Sam.....bought anew bike so had to put the carbon plans on hold for a bit. Cant decide on whether to keep the stock look or go for the high level rear wing.....one week stock, next week high level:nervous:

#14 ·
Lol same here.

Could have sworn you had the knight racer lowers though!

I've got some zele lowers on the way so should go with a more aggressive rear wing. I think the slightly raised one treads the fine line between Oem and after market quite nicely.

#15 ·
Why, why, oh why ????

Read the spec on the aerodynamics of the car and don***8217;t F*ck with the spoiler!!

#17 ·
LOL yeah!!!

You put whatever ironing board you want on the back of your car, but just remember Nissan (I love them to bits) spent a fortune putting your car through wind tunnel tests to get the best shape, height and style of aerodynamic spoiler for your car.

All you***8217;ll do by replacing it with an aftermarket one is **** up the drag coefficient of your car!! (And waste a lot of money on something someone tells you ***8220;looks good***8221;)

#18 ·
Have Nissan tootally ****ed it up then with the Nismo version too if the previous one is the only way to do it right?

#19 ·
Just don't start me off on the overpriced ridiculous NISMO version of the GT-R

#20 ·
I take your point Steve but to be fair I'm not a track junkie. My cars a street car and I don't think slightly changing the rear wing is going to have a huge effect.

I'm still undecided on which design to go for but I'm tempted toget the higher one just to annoy you :p

#22 ·
Nice dilemna you have Sam!

Steve, what did you think of JCR's aero testing that showed the stock car has massively rear biased aero balance point (-268% behind the rear axle on a MY2012)?
Maybe explains why the steering goes light at ~150mph, but not how Nissan might waste lots of money wind tunnel testing to produce such a result.
Yoshi Suzuka estimated -24kg front and rear downforce at 153mph for the original Cd of 0.27; I don't know what speed JCR's information was derived at, but that might account for some of the difference.

Protegimus

#24 ·
I have the KR OEM style hybrid rear wing.
Great quality and fitment and 2years on still looks like new.

#26 ·
Sam baby, go and get your ironing board on the back of your car car and I'll come over and eat pixzza off it with you !!

#27 ·
Raised rear spoiler

Chaps

I have recently purchased Chris Neeves old R35 that is pictured on page 1 with the KR spacers and centre to raise the height of the spoiler.

Will be removing these and returning the spoiler back to standard so these items will be for sale if anyone is interested.

Cheers

#28 ·
Chaps

I have recently purchased Chris Neeves old R35 that is pictured on page 1 with the KR spacers and centre to raise the height of the spoiler.

Will be removing these and returning the spoiler back to standard so these items will be for sale if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Ah sensible man !!!! :cool:

#29 ·
Have a word with JCR about his aero testing if you are in any doubt.

Protegimus,

Some serious time was spent analyzing the results, but don't put too much stock in the -268% figure. Bear in mind that percentage was based on the stock downforce numbers which themselves were very low. It means 100g downforce at the front and 1kg downforce at the rear would hugely skew the results in the way you are interpreting. When the numbers are so low, the difference between them proportionally can be enormous.

Steve,

Bear in mind the stock car has efficiency claims to make that mean that being slippery is more important than generating downforce, so while the stock aero might be impressive, the goals of the stock marketers are not the same as the likes of JCR who are trying to achieve better grip through increased downforce.

#30 ·
I had my own OEM style one made with a ducktail lip but removed it now as I run wingless.

I took some photos at the weekend of it next to an OEM spoiler so you can see the difference when they laid side by side. OEM fitment, OEM brake light etc.

Its wrapped by PW Pro in Oyster Pearl White but is in DMG below the wrap.

When I went to ACE Cafe meet I don't think anyone even noticed it wasn't OEM which is what I'd aimed for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.