GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be treating myself to a BNR32 sometime in the not too distant future. In my research I have seen pictures on the web and in Hyper Rev of several high power R32's without the ABS unit in the rear passenger side corner of the engine bay.

Did early R32's come without ABS?

Was the type of ABS unit changed?

Or do tuners ditch it to either save weight or make room for the big turbo(s) and external wastegate?

Also does anyone know the difference between the revised R32 (1991??) and the early models?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Lightspeed

Welcome to the club then, the sooner the better I guess :smokin:

Why don't you use the search option to look for your answers. I remember Shin has explained in the past what types there have been and what the differences are. I'm sure you can find it here !

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Mr Lightspeed.

I think they are removing thre ABS for bigger blowers as
to the best of my knowledge all BNR32's had ABS.

In 91 there were some changes, not to sure of what, but
what I can tell you is these newer cars had grained
centre console instead of smooth black plastic,
(as around the dial binicle), of the earlier cars.

Go get one you'll love it;) :D :D :smokin:

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be getting one!!!

I am currently living in the home town of Beck's Beer.

I am an old school Lancer Turbo EX nutter first and foremost.
My project car is tucked up in a lockup in the UK - a 1981 rwd Lancer - shell is seam welded, fully caged, big arches fitted. Fibreglass bonnet with huge vents, Sparco buckets, LSD live axle, fully rosejointed, Leda with 2-1/4's. 4G63 engine is unbuilt but so far I have collected Crower conrods, Mahle BDT (RS200) forged pistons, 16v VR4 head, HKS cams and pulleys, HKS wastegate, AP lightweight clutch. Turbo will be GT30 Garrett on custom manifold. Just need to move back home to finish it. Brakes are all AP 4 pot with titanium pistons with home built bias pedal box.

Will be looking for between 400 to 500hp. Weight around 1000kgs. Should be fun being only rwd!

Before I finish it I will need something to drive everyday when I move back to the UK. Currently have a very sensible Mk 4 Golf 20v 1.8 (non turbo). Sensible choice under present circumstances. Fiance will have this as hers in UK so I am having a 32!

Looking around so far it seems the UK prices are a little high for some of the higher mileage 32's. Some nice cars around, but I hope to get either lower mileage or more power buying from Japan (a big single looks damn fine!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts