GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody recommend websites where I can find high powered 10second skylines? I'm looking for a ready to run drag car but cant seem to find a supplier.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the main problem is that the drivetrain must be strong enough to tolerate 1000bhp. That would mean a 6 speed sequential box, extensive engine mods. Back axle upgrade. 3 or 4 plate clutch etc. Obviously very large turbos and big injectors. Proper mapping is also important.
I'm looking for a car that runs low 10's already with the potential to run mid nines without gearbox upgrade.

·
Registered
656 Posts
www.topspec-imports.com

Send Marc an email and he'll find what your looking for - he's actually in japan at the moment.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
$20k pounds, easy as :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi

datart said:
Can anybody recommend websites where I can find high powered 10second skylines? I'm looking for a ready to run drag car but cant seem to find a supplier.

i have one for sale if your interested

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
datart said:
Out of my budget I'm afraid. looking to spend around 20k.
Highly tuned 10 or mid 9 sec. Skyline for 20K :confused:

I'm not sure you even can find highly modded R30 for that kind of money, good luck with the search :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
GTR_Cymru said:
www.topspec-imports.com

Send Marc an email and he'll find what your looking for - he's actually in japan at the moment.
In order to view your homepage, please name your main page "index.htm" (using lower case letters). The index.htm file must reside directly within the www directory of your account for it to be viewable.
:lamer:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Something like this is undoubtably the closest you will get for the money...

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=37443

I imagine it would be in the 10's-11's.

If you are truly interested in this then give me a call, the engine is out right now and if you were prepared to spend the money we could have it remapped for you to ensure you could make the poiwer necessary.

Cheers, Ant.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only requirement is twin turbos and a sequential box. Obviously able to run a 10 sec 1/4 also. This seems to be a rare combination. Everything I have seen is single turbo.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Must be twin turbo

The only requirement is twin turbos and a sequential box. Obviously able to run a 10 sec 1/4 also. This seems to be a rare combination. Everything I have seen is single turbo.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Why do you need 1000bhp ? My supra had 600 rwhp and made 10.41 easy
So a skyline with around 650 rwhp should fix a 10 easy if the driver knows what he is doing.

datart said:
I think the main problem is that the drivetrain must be strong enough to tolerate 1000bhp. That would mean a 6 speed sequential box, extensive engine mods. Back axle upgrade. 3 or 4 plate clutch etc. Obviously very large turbos and big injectors. Proper mapping is also important.
I'm looking for a car that runs low 10's already with the potential to run mid nines without gearbox upgrade.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
You don't need 1000hp to run 10 second quarters; not even close.
Suggest you set a budget and see what you can get, rather than have aspirations beyond your wallet :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To be honest its nothing to do with me. I'm just doing the leg work. The idea is to have the basics for a 1000bhp car. The requirements are twin turbos and a 6 speed sequential box. The budget is £20000. i.e. the turbos should be able to cope with over 1000bhp and so should the gearbox.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts