·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone help i have just rebuilt my 32gtr
rebore new piston rings bearings etc
new steel head gasket new steel inlet gasket
i have removed carcoal can and blocked up the hoses
i have removed boost controll stell pipework and replaced with rubber to tidy up the engine bay
i have taken off the aircon etc
it has a pfc which was set up at thor and ran great before i rebuilt the motor
i have checked all hoses i have tryed to adjust the screww on the acc valve and returned it back to orig position
no luck its driving me mad still it sits at 1400rpm
please help

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Join the club mate :(

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Have you touched or moved or cleaned the throttle plates? If they're out of sync then one could be marginally open when the rest are closed. Or you could have an intake leak... Also try looking at the cold start valve, located just under the intake plenum. If that's stuck open you'll have continuously high revs. Plus if you're running a PFC and have just removed , rebuilt and refitted the motor plus changed some of the mods and generally fiddled then I'd recommend a remap.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Nissan say pull the plug off the valve then adjust it,if the idle rises when the plug goes back on you set it with the screw on the ECU. The engine has to be at operating temp.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Check that the throttle linkages are not pulling any of the butterflies open, esp if you have changed the inlet gaskets.

Rob

·
Banned
180 Posts
There is a long procedure to go through in the manual for adjusting the throttle valves and linkages etc. There is also the possible fact that everything is not plugged in correctly, ie air regulator and AAC valve. Spray some carb cleaner around the inlet manifold to check for air leaks.

If you disconnect the AAC valve then it should resort to base idle mode to set the idle via the screw.

Martin.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shims

would that be the same mate who built his motor and never checked the cleanrance
oh i remmber him good lad
he got his mate to sort that for him
1 all
thanks jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts