GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently replaced a throttle body on my r32 gtr and while they were off i cleaned the other 2 before fitting.now my car wont tickover below about 1250rpm any reason for this that could be a common prob.a m8 said that if you clean them then you take the teflon coating off them which will give you high tickover is this true and if so how do i cure this ,car runns fine apart from this any advice much apreciated cheers

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
if i remember correct, there is a screw you turn below the plenum to turn down the rpm. But you may find you have left a vacuum pipe off or a air leek maybe?

·
Registered
656 Posts
i recently replaced a throttle body on my r32 gtr and while they were off i cleaned the other 2 before fitting.now my car wont tickover below about 1250rpm any reason for this that could be a common prob.a m8 said that if you clean them then you take the teflon coating off them which will give you high tickover is this true and if so how do i cure this ,car runns fine apart from this any advice much apreciated cheers
your mate is right
cure, bye new set, sorry mate.
i did the same thing lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
I actually just posted about this in the Maintence Section. I just cleaned the butterflies and my idle is 1500-1800rpm. I think theres a coating but all I did was spray the throttle body cleaner I didn't use any abrasives. I wonder if I can recoat them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've been reading people using nail polish and enamel paint. I'm not sure what to do. Let me know if you get any info on sealing the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
what is the reason that this missing coating changes the rpm? Why do you need new throttle bodys after cleaning?

I cant work out the reason why. What happens if you adjust the tickover screw then?

What happens if you flow/gas flow the throttle bodys? What happens if you run a different throttle body? surely you can just adjust the tickover as normal? Surely you can just adjust the tickover and then balance the throttle bodys after?

Help in getting my head around this please. :sadwavey:

·
Registered
643 Posts
sounds like the inlet gasket is not sealing and drawing in air, try spraying brake cleaner over all the inlet gaskets and see if their is a change in the idle,

Oz

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if its helps m8 spoke to rb motorsports about this today and he said that the reason is because i cleaned them the butterflys wont be shutting properly as ive removed the old dirt and stuff so its just a case of resetting the throttle bodys but he advised first to try winding the idle screw in so going to try that and see if that helps if not going to let them reset mine cheers

·
Registered
161 Posts
A member on another board pointed me to this.

RB26DETT Throttle Seals - GTRCanada - Canada's premier skyline enthusiasts club (READ THE WHOLE THREAD ITS 2 PAGES, the beginning is about another part but they talk about the butterflies after)

Its a case of just resetting the butterflys but I rather not shut the throttle bodies completely as it may rub and may not be fully sealed. Our cars have a supplemental air passage so the butterflies have to be completely sealed at idle (this is what I've gathered). I'm gonna give this a shot, the idle screw for me on the aac did nothing so I need to fully seal the ITB's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts