GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished collecting most of the data on the alsi mk1 and was wondering if youd give me feed back on the look and feel so far!

I hope you like the piccy scroller (coz I had to pay for it)

main page look is as it will be - alsi page will be wrapped around it via another link page (next bit to do)

Ta

PS I know all of the piccies dont link (trying to work that out now :)

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Lookin Good :cool:

The font is tiny, this monitor is 1280x1024 and it's a punishment to read it, not unreadable, but harder work than usual.

The site does look well laid out though, and I'll be back for more :D

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Tony....looking good mate:)

Just one thing....my browser freezes once I enter the link to the first Skyline page??:confused:

BTW....Wans't the first Prince Skyline was called the ALSID-1?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
ALSID-1....released April 1957...original price 1.200.000Yen(not sure about this)

Then in Feb 1960 came the facelifted ALSID-2....original price 870.000 Yen had 10 more horses but same 140km/h top speed.

Then in November 1960 at the Torino motor show Prince presented the Skyline Sports(design by Michelotti), a convertible based on the ALSID-2 platform. Powered by a 1862cc GB4 engine kicking out 94 bhp for a top speed of 150km/h ......original price 1.950.000 Yen

I think thats pretty much it for the first series Skyline. Then came the BLRA-3 Skyline Sports which was just a hardtop version of the ALSID-2 convertibel

:)

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Elliot...I think it must be a typo.
According to a history book I got at the Prince & Skyline museum this is the ALSID-1(Note the single round headlamp)

And this is the ALSID-2(twin round headlamp):

:)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ta chaps

yeah seems i got the name slightly wrong!

what I was happy with was the link with the fighter plane, I hadnt picked up on that anywhere else and the designers son was happy with the piccy I found. plus it took a while to get stats on t he electric car

Re the crash what version of windows etc?

I know some of my data dosnt agree with some sites butg then I have spent more time looking around japanese sites and have gone witrh them.

yeah your right about markii the thing is its harder to to get data on older cars so expect alot more on newer ones

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
stormuk....I use a Mac running OS 10.1.5 and IE 5.2. Once I enter the site the applet starts to load and the browser freezes. Any idea what it could be??:confused:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alsi alsis alsid

I think! Ive found the difference now seems the alsid is the delux model different engine (1.8) but I dont think its the twin light one as thats the markii which will have a different page.. so will keep it as alsi and split out the d and the s - I have at least different engine stats now

Ahh a Mac didnt count on that Ill check the software.

My last post wasnt to bad seeing I was wasted :)

Again thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I had another look in the Skyline history book. The ALSID-1 they have pictured is the Deluxe version with the 1484cc(GA30). I'm 100% positive this single round head-light version is called ALSID-1 as they have a picture of the chassis plate.
They aslo specifically say that the ALSID-2 got the 4 round head-lights as part of the facelift between the 2 series.

The 1862 cc GB4 engine was used only on the convertible Skyline Sports and the BLRA-3.

If you need pictures for your site I have a few taken at the Prince and Skyline museum....:)

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Hang about a second....
I just found a nice neat timeline at the back of the book. Finally found those other d & s:

1957: Base Skyline (ALSI-1) G1 series engine OHV 1484cc 60ps/4400rpm
Deluxe (ALSID-1) Standard (ALSIL-1)

1958: (ALSID-2) G1 series engine OHV 1484cc 70ps/4800rpm

1960: (ALSID-2) 4 Headlamps / Plus Skyline Sports gets unveiled at Torino

1961: Skyline 1900 (BLSID-3) GB4 series engine OHV 1862cc 91ps

Sh1t...I'm more confued now:p :p :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts