GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit a pot hole last week and now have a slow puncture, altough the tire is not at fault but rather the wheel cracked!

Any advice as to a) where I can get a replacement wheel from and
b) can I claim as it was in a hotel carpark.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Did you take any pictures of the offending pothole with your car there, at the time it happened ?

Also some insurance companies Fully Comp deals cover for pot hole damage, might be worth it to give your insurance a call, see what they say.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unfortunately not - when it happened it was more of an 'oh sh*t' moment but did not think i woudl ave cracked the wheel. The next day I had the low pressure and as the tries were new, i figured it may have been related to that. Went to get the slow puncture fixed and thats when they discovered the crack!

The hotel carpark where i did hte damage is 4 hours away so will need to get a picture of the pothole somehow before speaking to the hotel to ask for compensation.

But I am more concerned about replacing the wheel right now

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Can't blame you, most people would do the same, just drive on thinking nothing of it.

Probably worth popping a wanted notice up for a wheel, remember to post from which model the wheel is from. I have seen plenty of stock wheels available on the forums in the past.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
They are up for sale quite a lot, early wheels more so than the later,
Have a look on here, in the for sale section,
I would get in touch with the hotel and state your case,
Most Hotels just pay up,
Goldie

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Probably stand a better chance getting your money back if it had happened on a public road!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Just a thought but if it's the rear inner rim that is cracked Nissan may change it even though it is out of warranty

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
You should go back to the hotel, take pictures of the pot hole and your car, and speak to the manager there. They should have insurance which will help.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hotel admitted that they have the pot hole so we are in contact with their insurance guys.

Got an official quote from Nissan for a repalcement wheel and its over £1000 plus VAT for one wheel!

Still, at least it looks like things are moving now

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so, got a quote from nissan for a new wheel - £1200, emailed that to the insurance company representing the hotel and they paid up! result.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts