GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a pot hole last week and now have a slow puncture, altough the tire is not at fault but rather the wheel cracked!

Any advice as to a) where I can get a replacement wheel from and
b) can I claim as it was in a hotel carpark.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unfortunately not - when it happened it was more of an 'oh sh*t' moment but did not think i woudl ave cracked the wheel. The next day I had the low pressure and as the tries were new, i figured it may have been related to that. Went to get the slow puncture fixed and thats when they discovered the crack!

The hotel carpark where i did hte damage is 4 hours away so will need to get a picture of the pothole somehow before speaking to the hotel to ask for compensation.

But I am more concerned about replacing the wheel right now

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hotel admitted that they have the pot hole so we are in contact with their insurance guys.

Got an official quote from Nissan for a repalcement wheel and its over £1000 plus VAT for one wheel!

Still, at least it looks like things are moving now

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so, got a quote from nissan for a new wheel - £1200, emailed that to the insurance company representing the hotel and they paid up! result.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.