GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
COSSYCam said:
And some say the OSG RB30 is expensive!!
yes, yes they do :clap:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
HKS

Piggaz said:
Buy it new cheaper then that!
That is the new price and includes VAT - ie its not more than list.

Alex has posted the wrong picture of it though, doh :)

Its available through our Ebay shop as are alot of parts. Its not used.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
113 Posts
Picture changed showing the full kit.

Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
68 Posts
I mean no disrespect here.... but why in the heck does 6 pistons, 6 rods, and a crank cost so much??

I bought 6 new Carillo rods, 6 new JE pistons, pins & rings, for aprox $1,200 USD.

Where does the other $14,000 USD fit in that total cost of aprox $15,500 (bid amount as of now)

Does a full counter weight crank go for that much, or am I missing something?? :runaway:

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RB26zcar said:
I mean no disrespect here.... but why in the heck does 6 pistons, 6 rods, and a crank cost so much??

I bought 6 new Carillo rods, 6 new JE pistons, pins & rings, for aprox $1,200 USD.

Where does the other $14,000 USD fit in that total cost of aprox $15,500 (bid amount as of now)

Does a full counter weight crank go for that much, or am I missing something?? :runaway:
Package costs. Design costs. Just guessing. Maybe it's just profiteering. Don't know.

Nice pics in your sig by the way! Are they yours?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
RB26zcar said:

You bought 6 Carrillo rods for $600 ? A cheap price for the good Carrillos is at least $1400 at a shop price. A set of pistons, on an odd ball like a GT-R are about $125 each at a good price.

Even then its about $2k on rods and pistons. About $2500 or more on a crank. When we were getting custom Syclone/Typhoon even fire cranks, they were about that.

Around 5k. Research and development. Mark up. The HKS stuff is all good. They source, and build some of the best stuff.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts