GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm now building my new engine with HKS 2.8 Step Zero stroker kit (86.5mm), can you guys help on piston to bore clerance? I'm aiming for 550-600whp, street use only, 1.5-1.8 bar if that helps, I'm leaning towards 2.3-2.5 thou, what do you think? I tried to find the manual but I think I lost it, from memory HKS recommends 0.040-0.060mm, I'm not sure if I should stick or go higher.. I'd appreciate your support.

Thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
Rule of thumb is one thou clearance for every inch of bore. I would really find the recommended clearance for your specific pistons from the manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
HKS tend to use low thermal expansion alloy (4032) in their pistons. The step 3 kit on mine has close clearance. 0.04-0.05mm in the instructions. They pretty much work out at exact 87mm bore gave required clearance.

That rule of thumb works only for high expansion alloys. (2618)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may stick with 2 thou. Haven***8217;t yet assemblied the engine, but have everything ready. Will update this thread with my outcomes or make a build thread for everybody benefit as very little info is available for the Step Zero kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts