GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently bought a pair of these....just wondering if its worth putting anything else on the car in conjunction with these turbos...and also what sort of boost i can run with them....

the current spec is:

5Zigen Exhaust
Decat
Downpipe
Greddy BOV
Twin Apexi Intake
Greddy Profec B
Mines ECU
Apexi Front Mount Intercooler
HKS boost gauge

Got a few other goodies but thats the main stuff.....im thinking il need a new set of gaskets anyone know where i can source these from??

Any help would be great

Ta

-Raz

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Nice set of turbo's you've bought...

You'll need an ECU of some kind.....power fc/f-con etc...

May need to consider injectors and fuel pump......also the hks turbo elbows are a good option and nows the time to fit them.

Gaskets not a must......just dont run more then 1.2 bar and standard gasket will be fine.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers fella

plan is Apexi Power FC, a walbro 255 & some bigger injectors...funds are low though!

nah i think il want to run more than 1.2bar if i can safely so prob best to get some new gaskets...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
All sounds good......personally id fit the turbos and run it 1.2 bar which would be a big improvement once its mapped up.....

Then later when funds are available id consider the gaskets and some cams.......another remap with more boost and a bigger smile on your face!!

Just how i have done things......in stages and ive always found the smile gets bigger everytime i move a stage further!

Im at the stage now where i need to have surgery to accomodate the larger smile!!!!!......lol

Good luck with it........

Harry

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wouldnt bother with a walbro 255L pump, stock GTR pumps flow 280L +

I would run manifolds and dump pipes when fitting your turbo's. They will be installed for free and takes care of that side of things.

The ECU and injectors will be fine on stock boost, or up to about 14psi but at these levels you will need your AFR's checked. The injectors and ECU can be your next stage and are really easy to do.

Its a simple matter of logic killing as many birds with one stone as possible.

It will save you overall, patience is the key.

We see a lot of customers jumping the gun wanting this and that. Its only when we give them a breakdown on costs "their way" and "the smarter way" they see the savings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts