GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have searched a little bit but didnt find the answer clearly.

I have a pair of 2530s and im wondering do they have built in oil restrictor or do i need to use a banjo with oil restrictor fitted?

a friend told me to use the regular oil banjo from my old standard turbos from a r34 fitted to my r33

so do i need an oil restrictor or not for my 2530?

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
the oil restrictor bolts i sent you came with my HKS turbo kit!
so that says to me you have to use it as there is none in the turbos!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
HKS make HKS turbos with some garrett parts! garrett make garrett turbos! if Hks surply them with there turbos then say use them in there manuel then use them!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
somehow im not surprised that a certain GT-R Glenn would make a reply :chuckle: - newbie declaring me :p and yes im one proud newbie with stupid questions.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
if in doubt use the bolts if it already has a restrictor another one of the same size is going to make no difference and just let the same amount through, i am going to use restrictors with a 0.8mm hole i read somewhere that journal bearings use a 1.5mm hole and bb need a 0.8mm (i might of made it up though as im not sure where i read it lol!)

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
I just pulled a GT2530 core apart this evening and it had a restrictor in the centre housing oil feed hole. It looks to be part of the original turbo as HKS built it. Never pulled a stock Garrett BB core apart to see if they have the same.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just pulled a GT2530 core apart this evening and it had a restrictor in the centre housing oil feed hole. It looks to be part of the original turbo as HKS built it. Never pulled a stock Garrett BB core apart to see if they have the same.
I have a pair of Garrett 2860s to go my car. I was advised by an Aus Garrett agent they have restrictors fitted internally.

Cheers

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this question makes me silly :p

if i have a aftermarket oilpump that flows more vs a stock oilpump that i have now. will that make a diffrence if i use the banjo with built in restricor or not?

@ lightspeed how where the oilrestrictors on the turbos? how big of a hole was it? the banjos i got from andy was 1mm (probably 0.8mm)

·
Registered
726 Posts
l have 2530s and tomei oil pump hiflow oil pumps will require a restrictor
lightspeed is it possible to measure the oil restrictor in the 2530 housing

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
I'll have a look at it tomorrow - kind of hard to measure tiny holes without a proper engineering metrology department to hand but I'll see what I can do.
I had to knock it out of the oil feed to remove the bearing cartridge.
Replacing the turbine shaft as the turbine wheel was damaged.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
i had a measure of the 2530 core i have and its 3.4mm!
way to big you defo need to fit the hks restrictors!

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Andy - the bit you can see in the oil inlet isn't a through hole - you have to remove it to see it has a side drilling which is approx 1.2mm.

·
Registered
726 Posts
1.2mm is still too big for uprated oil pumps

1 - 18 of 18 Posts