GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is some good second hand turbos for sale now and it is difficult to
choose the set ? I am a little old school and a small turbo lag is ok.
It will not be any track cars but when there is a Nissan meet its ok to show them.
So any inputs here on a twins.Thanks

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Hks 2540 all day long there bb .Greddy t517z are journal bearing, tabz is well known honest member of the forum so if you are looking for a set of twins his are well worth buying IMO

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
My car come with t517z the 8cm ones and on the dyno printout on stock engine they didn't make full boost untill 4.5k and made 550 bhp at 1.45 bar of boost. So yh the hks are a better option

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i am looking at Tabz setup but BB or journal bearings ,the only things scaring me when they need rebuild? terrible expensive and i have done rebuild on my journal bearings with good luck by myself.
RHD having sale on Greddy 8cm and 10 now so i really dont know.
But thanks again i need some more research.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The gtx or bw efr would defo be the way to go with no expense spared or just have billet wheels fitted to the older hks or garrett turbos cr turbos do these nice and cheap. Don't bother with the Greddy mate apparently the thrust bearings don't like much boost pressure.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
GTX in a -5 is my option, will see how that works out :nervous:
will be fine im sure, my twin billet gt30s in the vr38 honestly spin for aaaages after turning it off, I know its a lot more capacity but im sure you will see healthy gains on the rb26 with billet -5s

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
The benefit I was told is that the boost coming on a lot sooner and will help a bit at the top end, but not that much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very much good news and i will send cr turbos a mail, i dont know but newer
been onto theirs site before.
So i will update when something turbo is done. thanks again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts