GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmm seems lotsa interest on the -10s so far...

i got 2540s already on me car (i think,stil cant be 100% sure except if i dismantle the bits to have a proper looksee dont have time yet)...

sum peeps r sayin theyre almost the same with -10s? for sure they can be had cheaper coz theyre old...

so are 2540s same as -10s or are they old git turbos?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
GT2540s are not the same, they have bigger compressor wheels and if I understand correctly have a poor flow vs spool trade off. I haven't been in a GTR running GT2540s since like 2002, though I remember it to be quite laggy but on the flipside I don't recall it having the famous "shuffling" issue the -10s have.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ta mate, found this

GT-R Turbos

2540 has exact same turbine wheel and housing with gt-rs

but compressor:

2540 - T04B T04E 51.7 - 76.2 46T
gt-rs - T04E? GT25 51.2 - 71.1 52T

·
Registered
1 Posts
hmm seems lotsa interest on the -10s so far...

i got 2540s already on me car (i think,stil cant be 100% sure except if i dismantle the bits to have a proper looksee dont have time yet)...

sum peeps r sayin theyre almost the same with -10s? for sure they can be had cheaper coz theyre old...

so are 2540s same as -10s or are they old git turbos?

Hi all!
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
i have -10s on my rb26/30 & they are great!
although i dont know much about the 2540's, newer turbos you would expect better performance even if they are aligned with each other
what are u making with your 2540's?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no idea mate, prev owner sez it runs around 500-550hp on mild boost...

im not willing to push it much coz im planning a rb30, so wanna sell a working rb26 instead of a broken one lol

when i got the motor out,will send the turbos for inspection and if theyre alrite, will run them on a rb30 and see what it makes :clap:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
i have -10s on my rb26/30 & they are great!
although i dont know much about the 2540's, newer turbos you would expect better performance even if they are aligned with each other
what are u making with your 2540's?
excellent this is what im planning for my 26/30 build

how wide is your power band ? what cams do you use ? and what booost do you run ?

hope you dont mind all the Qs :runaway:

I had 2540s on my 26 before they were fun on the road but weak for drifting as power band was only really from 5 to 7k

they ran 540 hp at 1.6 bar - i tended to only run them at 1.2 bar so maybe 450ish :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

how wide is your power band ? what cams do you use ? and what booost do you run ?

I had 2540s on my 26 before they were fun on the road but weak for drifting as power band was only really from 5 to 7k

they ran 540 hp at 1.6 bar - i tended to only run them at 1.2 bar so maybe 450ish :thumbsup:
drifting? whats that lex u ****, if you cant go fast go sideways?

:Dkev:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
More turbo info fwiw (links shamelessly stolen from someone on here...):

·
Registered
771 Posts

you're a good man :)

power really starts @ 3000rpm all the way to 9krpm, although short shifting @ 7000rpm feels really incredibly quick...you can be very lazy with this setup & its still farken quick

cams are 280degrees @ 10.5mm lift, these cams are made in nz (much cheaper than jap spec)

boost level is 22psi - im changing for heavy spring actuators to hold the boost better for more control, my boost is strongest in 1st gear, as i go up gears i.e. 4th gear im lucky to hit 19psi

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
drifting? whats that lex u ****, if you cant go fast go sideways?

:Dkev:thumbsup:
Drifting is the most fun you can have in a car with your clothes on. fact.

there were 2 chaps who drag race 6 sec bikes at pod at DWYB today - they agreed ;)

You really should try it some day :D

you're a good man :)

power really starts @ 3000rpm all the way to 9krpm, although short shifting @ 7000rpm feels really incredibly quick...you can be very lazy with this setup & its still farken quick

cams are 280degrees @ 10.5mm lift, these cams are made in nz (much cheaper than jap spec)

boost level is 22psi - im changing for heavy spring actuators to hold the boost better for more control, my boost is strongest in 1st gear, as i go up gears i.e. 4th gear im lucky to hit 19psi
Thanks for the info dude - im too cheap to spend the extra for safe 9k revving as ive spent all my monies on tyres :thumbsup:

I will probably set limiter at 7.5k if i can have a 4k+ power band i will be a happy chappy :clap:

·
Registered
771 Posts
lookin at markos rb30 and piggaz rb28, power band of -10s is good...big power around 7k is niceeeee
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/120452-my-gozila-rb26-30-build-up-running-5.html

even on gookbois rb26, power band is not bad on -10s
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/124798-2860r-10s-470whp-1-bar.html

me likey -10s :D
horses for courses at the end of the day, for me i wanted the most power i could make with a low mount system plus the highest amount of torque possible hence the rb30

in the past i did have hks gtrs's on my rb26 & IMO it was like having a big single setup i.e. not much down low then hits hard up top

·
Registered
771 Posts
well i have a new video camera with youtube upload so i will get this done over the xmas break, i have a few clips running on the dyno

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
finally confirmed my turbos as 2540s....

but according to those japanese charts, there's 3 versions lol....

Lex, did you make 540hp at the wheels or hubs or flywheel? Haven't dynoed mine but will do after a full check up and fluid service soon...

Wonder how they'll run on rb30s...but my rb26 looks in quite good nick so rb30 seems some time away for me now ...touch wood :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts