GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TRUST 88mm forged pistons (2700cc) R34 crank, HKS cams(unsure of spec) and conrods, HKS 2540's turbos and actuator kits, Apexi power FC ECU, Nismo twin plate clutch, HKS turbo elbows, uprated downpipes, Greddy titanium exhaust, Nismo fuel pressure regulator with 800cc injectors, SARD alloy rad with Earls connectors, braided hoses on water lines, HKS Induction, Super Magtune on fuel line, HKS hardpipe kit, trust Intercooler running 1.7bar of boost and ment to be about 700bhp.

If this was the same spec but only a standard rb26, what would happen? Would it take awhile to blow up or would it just not be possible to run that sort of boost in the first place?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Cant run that boost on a standard RB26 to start with.......and those 2540's would be horribly laggy........Tony (M19GTR) used to have a set on his R33 and it was laggy as ****!!!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
so basically it's the increased displacement that is required to push the bigger turbos? what's a good match for a 2.8l setup (twins)?

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Weka has 2540's on a 2.6 from memory.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Gordon and Incubus were both running 2540s on a stock bottom end although only pushing them to 1.4 bar from memory.

Both were running mid 11 quarters and very quick cars...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would running 1.4 bar in a standard block feel very similar to running 1.4 bar on a 2.7 then? or would it feel alot less laggy?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Driving the car wouldn't let you determine if its a 2.7 then?

Is there anyway except for taking the engine apart to find out if it's running a 2.7 on the spec mentioned? e.g it would show a higher knock on the fc commander if running standard block etc(sorry if thats a stupid eg)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
2540's on a STD RB26 will come on 1bar boost at around 4300rpm thats what mine used to anyway, as for boost on a std RB i wouldnt run more than 1.4bar and thats still pushing it, basicly the more you run the quicker it will go POP.

Tony

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OIC.

Would you feel much difference in power if, just say both engine's running 1.7bar of boost.

Thanks for the information so far, been very helpful :smokin:

·
Registered
163 Posts
sounds like the car that was for sale at gtcars? am i right
laggyt turbo's just need to get it remapped
take your plugs out at check for markings on your pistons, a 2.7 engine should be less laggy mind you big cams for the 2540's

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah it was from gt-cars.

As soon as it stops bloody raining in scotland i'll take the plugs out and have alook, standard have a circle make on them right?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts