GTR Forum banner

hks 2540's on a 2.7, how should it feel?

3K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  greek r34 
#1 ·
TRUST 88mm forged pistons (2700cc) R34 crank, HKS cams(unsure of spec) and conrods, HKS 2540's turbos and actuator kits, Apexi power FC ECU, Nismo twin plate clutch, HKS turbo elbows, uprated downpipes, Greddy titanium exhaust, Nismo fuel pressure regulator with 800cc injectors, SARD alloy rad with Earls connectors, braided hoses on water lines, HKS Induction, Super Magtune on fuel line, HKS hardpipe kit, trust Intercooler running 1.7bar of boost and ment to be about 700bhp.

If this was the same spec but only a standard rb26, what would happen? Would it take awhile to blow up or would it just not be possible to run that sort of boost in the first place?

#2 ·
Cant run that boost on a standard RB26 to start with.......and those 2540's would be horribly laggy........Tony (M19GTR) used to have a set on his R33 and it was laggy as ****!!!

#10 ·
Driving the car wouldn't let you determine if its a 2.7 then?

Is there anyway except for taking the engine apart to find out if it's running a 2.7 on the spec mentioned? e.g it would show a higher knock on the fc commander if running standard block etc(sorry if thats a stupid eg)

#12 ·
2540's on a STD RB26 will come on 1bar boost at around 4300rpm thats what mine used to anyway, as for boost on a std RB i wouldnt run more than 1.4bar and thats still pushing it, basicly the more you run the quicker it will go POP.

Tony

#24 ·
An extra 100cc or so of capacity doesnt make **** all difference to driveability etc to be honest, at least not even half as much as good mapping, good spec cams, turbos, etc, rather than just bolting on the biggest stuff you can find without knowing why apart from it will get you a nice peak figure.

#25 ·
Might take it to star performance but that'll just show me the power and wont really tell me if the engine is strong or not.
But maybe seeing the graph could help determine if mapping it again could help.

I'am going ask whifbitz if they have mapped it just to give you a big punch at the end so it feels fast.

#30 ·
:bowdown1: I'll need to think about that andy :chuckle:

I probably wouldn't have went for the same type of build and turbo's but that's what I get for just buying one already done.

I called whifbitz and they said its just these turbo's take ages to spool up .I know ppl with these have said something else so I guess I need a re-map. When I get some money I'll think about the re-map I guess, lag monster till then:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.