GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My hks cam pulleys havent been adjusted yet, so I am considering to adjust them a bit, but is it actually worth the effort? And what is the best possible timing to gain high end power?

it's an '94 r32 gtr, 555cc injectors, hks induction kit, full exhaust, running .75 bar boost and a remap has been done by RSP.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I read this somewhere a long time ago.

Intake side

Advancing timing: turning the pulley counter clockwise - you gain power at low RPM.

Retarding timing: turning the pulley clockwise - you gain power at high RPM

This is something thats stuck in my head :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm I also found some random people saying Advanced 4 degrees Intake side and retarded 2 degrees exhaust side, but I deffinately need someone who has done this before to confirm this.
I dont want to mess up things like this.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
hmm I also found some random people saying Advanced 4 degrees Intake side and retarded 2 degrees exhaust side, but I deffinately need someone who has done this before to confirm this.
I dont want to mess up things like this.
Thats a good setup, mate!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that could be an issue too, I just need someone who's had some experience with this.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Ive had experience with this, but I adjusted the cam gears before I mapped the car and theres a big difference between your car and mine (I have a 2.8l Single turbo with HKS F-Con V-Pro)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do I have to re-adjust the CAS with timing light after the cam gear is adjusted on the dyno? Or can I just mark the CAS and re-install the same way?

Also 1 degree at the cam pulley would be 2 degrees at the crank, so in what degrees are we talking about advancing intake side 4 degrees? is that crank or cam degrees?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts