GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone understand the HKS naming convention

I know a 2840 is bigger than a 2510 but does the name corrolate to a spec??

Does anyone have a breakdown of the HKS naming and sizing convention for their turbo's??

Cheers in anticipation.....

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
HKS turbo sizes (eg. 2510, 2835, 3240, etc.) generally have the first 2 numbers as a representation of the turbine housing size and the second 2 numbers as a representation of the compressor housing size. Note, however, that these numbers are all relative within their class (eg. 25 series, 28 series, 30 series, etc.). For example, the cold side setup on a 2540 turbo is not equivalent to the cold side setup on a 3040 turbo despite the second 2 numbers being the same.

Hope this helps.

Cya O!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the 25/28/30 are not actual measurements? They are just a class.

Is there a table of what sizes all the varients are, with all the options on the exhaust side too??

I'd just like to be able to see written down a list of the HKS Turbo options....

Failing that how about the other Jap turbo options from GReddy, Apex'i and others...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
That's right, alex. They are classes of turbos.

If you want all those sizing details you'll need to get your hands on the "HKS Goods Master". It has all the details you'd need. I'm not sure if anyone on this board has the document. If they do maybe they can scan the relevant pages? You could also try the people on the the following boards as a lot of them tend to use these Japanese turbos:

www.skylinesdownunder.com
www.supraforums.com

As for Greddy, Apexi, etc. turbos, you may want to try their Web sites, but once again your best bet is to get your hands on their master product guides. Sorry, I can't be of more help.

Cya O!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts