GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested to know if it is possible to get a GTR34 tuned to the same spec as the HKS Demo car? Dino made some very nice pictures for his Blog (below). I have friends they might be interested (for next year)in buying a GTR34 and I would probably outsource it from Japan . . . before that they would like to get a special tune in Japan (Not Top Secret). Note that they would use the cars on the Nuer-ring in Germany.
I was thinking for their budget they could go for the Nismo R1 Tune (thought the G-Attack suspension is not nice for the Ring), an other option would have been a Tomei tuned engine and footwork done by selection, . .
well ,now they got an eye on HKS. I tried to contact HKS service (forget about english) and no response.

What do you guys think would be the best way to get a GTR tuned at a factory in Japan: to go Nismo, Tomei or HKS. ( looking for max 550HP figures and an engine setup for track us (Ring)- not for 1/4 mile)?:)

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Dino, will do the application in japanese then.:)
Did you drive the HKS Skyline? is it more torquey then the Tomei Genesis?

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
gtrlux said:
Thanks for the info Dino, will do the application in japanese then.:)
Did you drive the HKS Skyline? is it more torquey then the Tomei Genesis?
Yes I did but a bit hard to compare to the Tomei Genesis as the latter doens't have a specific spec, as its built to your requirements. Plus it would be the old single vs. twin argument again.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
The carbon covers in the engine compartment be sexy.

As far as building cars is concerned, all depends on budget. Shift could build you a nice replica of the Nurburgring Falken R34.

Nismo will do refreshes on cars. You could buy an already tuned car.

Mines could put you together something.

Probably some demo cars for sale by people already over in the UK and Europe.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
You could go for the R-Tune engine with the S-Tune suspension.
Z-Tune suspension is useless on the Ring [Nordschleife] as it is much too hard, even on the "softest" setting.
With cars with low front splitters, the advice was to take the Karussel high as there was a high likelihood of grounding.
How much power is that HKS effort producing. I would have thought 5-600bhp would be more than good enough for a track focused GTR.

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heards the HKS is producing around 600+ quality HP.
Certainly a good balance for the track and the street. The R-Tune is not good for the Nordschleife, but if we not go Nismo, I am thinking about Tein.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I would also choose the mines one, as it is the only one i have researched, does anyone have a (english) link to the HKS one and some history...

Also if anyone ever finds any prices to do this... would be nice to know...

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
why is the R-tune bad for the ring exactly?

It is a fully adjustable suspension kit made by Ohlins. You can do what you want with it, including changing the springs with some other Eibach ones

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DCD said:
why is the R-tune bad for the ring exactly?

It is a fully adjustable suspension kit made by Ohlins. You can do what you want with it, including changing the springs with some other Eibach ones
Ok sounds great, I tought it was strictly racing circuit oriantated. Indeed if it is fully adjustable and changeble, it is the best stuff you can get. I never saw or drove a car with that suspension. The s-tune is then just a softer one with an attractive price ! I remember Shins test drive of his GTR34 on the Nordschleife by the german Testpilote(can't remember if it was Ash R.) . The suspension they used was to hard and I tought it was the R-Tune?!:confused:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
gtrlux said:
Indeed if it is fully adjustable and changeble, it is the best stuff you can get. I never saw or drove a car with that suspension. The s-tune is then just a softer one with an attractive price ! I remember Shins test drive of his GTR34 on the Nordschleife by the german Testpilote(can't remember if it was Ash R.) . The suspension they used was to hard and I tought it was the R-Tune?!:confused:
Most of the Japanese aftermarket suspension is oversprung and underdampened.

The Ohlins, and the Nismo(Ohlins) are actually really nice. They are a good balance. We run Ohlins on our R34 race car.

Overall, any aftermarket suspension should be able to be tuned to the track conditions. Most tuners, or end users will not do this.

The Z-Tune suspension is made by SACHS.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
gtrlux said:
I remember Shins test drive of his GTR34 on the Nordschleife by the german Testpilote(can't remember if it was Ash R.) . The suspension they used was to hard and I tought it was the R-Tune?!:confused:
It was R-tune but it had been setup for the Silverstone GP circuit and they hadn't had time to change the settings for the 'ring.
Oh yeah - and it was Dirk driving.

·
Registered
947 Posts
gtr lux

mine rtune is possible for sale, im in holland if you want you can visit me let me know if you are intressted

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
greek r34 said:
mine rtune is possible for sale, im in holland if you want you can visit me let me know if you are intressted
Cheers, but my friends would consider to buy one only around next year. Then comes the problem that they are looking forward to get exactly what they want . . . starting with the color!:chairshot
What color is yours? and could you post some pics of the engine bay, as there are not so many R1 pics availble on the net . .:)
By the way have you been on the Need for Speed promotion tour with your car, then I might know it.

Thanks
Chris

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nismo1118 said:
If you want demo cars here are couple
Veilside or there is the Nams GTR
Thanks, but the point was to get a tuned car with a warranty and a tested setup. Therefore HKS, Nismo . . .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts