The first round of the 2010 HKS Drag Series for Japanese Cars

is being held during

The Fast Show - Performance & Modified Car Event

-
-
-

at

Santa Pod on the weekend of 20/21 March.​

Saturday is test day for the HKS drag cars and is also a Run What Ya Brung (RWYB) - Public Track Day when anyone can take their car on the famous 1/4 mile strip. It's great fun and can become addictive! If you fancy running your car sign up to the RWYB Street Challenge and see how far you can get up the tables.

Don't forget you can now take a passenger on the strip!​

Sunday is the main event with the first round of the HKS Drag Series and the quickest Japanese cars in Europe going head to head. Also the first round of the Euro Sports Compact Drag Series featuring the best tuned cars from European manufactures takes place during the show. If you want to you can take your car on the strip on Sunday, four runs will cost you £20.

On Sunday the GTROC will be there supporting our members competing in the HKS Drag Series. Discounted tickets for Sunday only are on sale in the GTROC Shop now. You will find the usual attendance list in a post below, please add your name.

Anyone wanting to drive or be a passenger must produce their driving licence at the signing on office.

With full street weight GTRs running 9 second 1/4 miles and terminal speeds around 150mph it's a day not to be missed.

Action from Rotorstock 2009

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I'll be there Jeff if the car is actually running..........

I'm trying to be positive and have renewed my MSA Race Licence in anticipation!

DaveG

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
GTROC Stand

Please add your names in the usual way to the list below (which also tells us you need a vehicle pass for your Skyline or GTR!) & an indication of how many passengers your bringing.

See you there

GTROC CLUB STAND:

Confirmed HKS (GTROC) Drivers attending:

01. Ludders : RIPS Drag-R
02. ATCO : Garage Bomber
03. Gary : The Beast
04. Blue34 : R34GTR
05. Max1: R32 GTR
06. Trackday Addict : Project GTST

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
My apologise as well that I can't attend either, but good luck to everyone attending :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ticket Time!

John Bradshaw has now updated his web site and and set his 2010 target for Project GTST. He intends to run a sub 7.4 second 1/4 mile reaching speeds close to 190mph.

Brams Racing - Home of Project GTST and Project Zed

Good luck John! I hope you get all the support you deserve.

Come on guys and gals start getting your names down so we know how many to book for.

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Promo Video for The Fast Show.

A quick look at some of the events that take place at the Fast Show. Come on guys we need your support. Get your names on the list please so the GTROC can get a good spot.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
GTROC CLUB STAND:

Confirmed HKS (GTROC) Drivers attending:

01. Ludders : RIPS Drag-R
02. ATCO : Garage Bomber
03. Gary : The Beast
04. Blue34 : R34GTR
05. Max1: R32 GTR
06. Trackday Addict : Project GTST

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Only if they are in my rear view mirror John!

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I'll change what is under my Forum name when he does......

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
It's a long story.

Suffice to say the car did not run right once last year.

We started with a 10.1sec car, added over 100Lb-Ft of torque and 1000HP ATW and converted it into an 11 sec car. I insisted it wasn't running right but was assured otherwise, it culminated in the semi-final run against James (see the MotorsTV trailer) when the new Water Injection system failed after only a few hundred miles, the head lifted, allowed water into No 1 cylinder which lunched the piston and took out the RRR Block which has had to be linered, otherwise it was scrap with about 1000miles on it.

Car has not really turned a wheel since.

You might say I was a tad unhappy.

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys get your names on the list and continue the discussion at The Fast Show - seeing as this is the Fast Show thread!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.