GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 33gtr and im changing the turbos to r34 roller bearings turbos and putting hks elbows to the 34 turbos, from I think r32gtr but the thing I cant work out is the elbows have a chunk of metal held on with 2 alan key bolts if I take them off it fits right but then there is two holes so air would pass through them, look if there is anybody that could help me it would be great,if anyone could send me a number to ring would be good, cheers john

·
Registered
733 Posts
HKS elbows have an insert to keep the flow of gases seperate to each other. I never had the insert with mine and where put on and run with no problems.

Was told at the time from a big tuner that it really doesn't make that much difference with the insert in or not on the hks elbows.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Take the insert off ie the chunk of metal, then put the allen bolts back in and centre punch 2 sides of the head. some turbos inc the Hks gtss have a cast divider which does not require the insert .
Hence the reason you have the choice.

cokey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.