GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,172 Posts
Any one got/tried a HKS EVR electronic exhaust? any good?
I have one though I've yet to fit it. Certainly looks posh though.

I could let you know in a week or two when it's actually on the car.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one though I've yet to fit it. Certainly looks posh though.

I could let you know in a week or two when it's actually on the car.
Ummm what did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

Were did you find it, I can't find any real info in english! How exactly dose it work? Is it connected to the ecu, would it be compatible with the power FC? Or is it just a button open or close?

I've only sean it on the HKS variable valve timing demo car in an old video!

Anymore picys?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got it on my BNR34 it works GREAT!

Search youtube for HKS EV-R and you will find a video.

I got mine from England brand new still in its original box.
Price 500£ Thank you Ebay.

3,663 Posts
I think HKS might have a 33GTR sysem left I ask when I am back at work , I have one for my 34GTR as well works well , they do rattle after a while at idle with the aperture closed , they dont need connecting to an ECU thou as they have there own controller set agaisnt throttle and rpm if I remember correctly ( not used my 34 for a while)

Wasn.t cheap hou over 1K when I brought mine a few years ago

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its good but not if you want 420ps+, And you cant have it on any exhaust ;)
O' i was under the impression it was good for 600bhp! i already have over 420 and with the additional work being done im expecting quite a few more ponies to mature!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
O' i was under the impression it was good for 600bhp! i already have over 420 and with the additional work being done im expecting quite a few more ponies to mature!!
Yeah, My idea is go with a titanium system, If you dont have the money go with Blitz Spec R NUR or Kakimoto N1 system with those two systems are awsome ;)

3,663 Posts
They flow 500+ bhp no trouble when open, never seen any paperwork saying they only flow 420 bhp.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,172 Posts
Its good but not if you want 420ps+, And you cant have it on any exhaust ;)
I can't see why 420PS would be a problem. Perhaps with the iris shut you'd see that limit but the point of the system is that the iris opens when you want to use the power.

Also I can't see why you could connect it to another exhaust system. If you just used the backbox section it should join up with another exhaust. The right hand section in the below pic:

The only problem would be if the other exhaust didn't match up with the routing of the other exhaust but you could also have someone fabricate up a link pipe if that was a big issue.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
They flow 500+ bhp no trouble when open, never seen any paperwork saying they only flow 420 bhp.
Well ive never seen paperwork either about that but my friend was running that exhaust and when he changed the turbos and did some work we mapped the car and was running 502HP the exhaust lasted for about 24h then we changed it to a Trust PE Titanium :)

edit: The exhaust didnt "brake apart" we got different problems wich was solved after exhaust change.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts