GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what should I go for on my '98 GTR V-spec.

Any advantages or disadvantages on either???

Any ppl out there using any of the above would be even better. Let me know what you think.

Cheers

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've got an EVC 5 and wouldn't swap it for anything. Easy to set up, easy to use, boost comes in nice and early. Change the boost when driving and the new setting kicks in instantly. It also holds the boost fantastically, proof of this was seen at TRAX when Abbey ran Tokyo's 34 on the dyno. I saw the screen while it was running and the printouts which proved it.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
EVC 5

EVC 5 ( or 4 if you're in Japan - still can't work out why the numbers are different for the same kit) every time.
The technology is one step up from the solenoid generation.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is everyone talking about the same EVC-5 here?
It sounds like you guys are talking about the EVC-IV

This is the 5,

Is it on the market already?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is it really that much better compared to the solenoid types?

I use a Blitz DSBC spec S on my Volvo S60 running 1.3 bar but it is giving me trouble in the mid boost area between 0 en 0.4 bar bar.
Very inconsistent behavior.
I am thinking about upgrading to the spec R dual solenoid because the control module is the same and I wrecked the dash to make it fit.

I just don't know what to expect from it.
I'm afraid of buying another cat in a bag again.
The EVC 5 certainly aint no bargain.
It isn't possible to order the dual solenoid and wiring separate so I have to buy a complete box again.

The S60 uses an electronic throttle body and I assume this is the cause for the behavior.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts