GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i have just installed the EVC 6 (the new one with color screen) and the unit showing no error when i set the target boost to 90kpa but i can only get right around 60kpa (stock boost value). I have tried reset everything and started from zero but still can't achieve the target boost. I have also tried to adjusting the offsets as described in the manual, verified the lines are correct and checked the waste gate type is correct.

I have been searching in other forum as well and said make sure to set the maximum standard boost setting to a value just below what the car makes on the waste gate spring after the EVC is installed. Tried this as well but didn't work. Confusing..

Any thoughts?

Cheers
JK

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey man,

I have one and they are a pig to set but you get use to it..

So you have

Std.Max Boost
Target Boost
Ini.Offset

For std. max boost you want it to be what your stock actuator max boost is. Well thats what i think it means. I set mine to 8.7psi.

Target boost is what you want to achieve i set mine to 14.7psi.

Offset is what allows you to achieve that boost... so start around 80% and work your way up till you get a steady boost.

I don't know what peak hold does i just pressed set when i hit my max boost.

My boost is dead on 14.7 - 15psi .. depends what the weather is doing.
Its a bit of a prick to set but yeah.. hope this helps.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Also did you turn the unit on? its like button 1 + 2 or just 1 and hold 2 if you want it on all the time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did turn it on and everything showing just working fine. Did u just tune it for the first time and get the result straight?

I set the std. max boost at 58kpa, target boost at 90kpa and peak boost 100kpa. I left the offset at 100% as i have tried 0% or 199% and they seems no difference.

I am not too sure if i have miss out anything and i hope not. I have tried multiple times reset and set from ground again but still the same outcome :confused:

·
Registered
328 Posts
target boost should idealy be your peak boost... as thats what it says in the booklet.

Yup set it and that was it. Took me a few trys to get it to where i want but yeah.

Sounds like you have something around the wrong way. Checked if you have wired it up properly and the boost lines? Still sounds like you haven't turned it on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha i have been trying since last week but no luck still. Everything shows up nicely like rpm, throttle angle, speed and the boost. When its on it will shows the A,B,C on top of the display yeah?

I'm thinking might be the boost lines problem. Might go to mechanic tomorrow and see what he can do

Thanks for your help anyways! will update here if anything happen

·
Registered
328 Posts
Like the diagram says..

0 = Turbo Actuators. T both actuators and connect to 0
I = Compressor. I got mine from the little vaccum/boost lines going behind the cam cover. Used the bottom one.
B = Vacuum source which i took from the fuel pressure regulator. States somewhere to only take it from the FPR.

Pretty straight forward. I'll take a photo tomorrow for you. Car is staying at my workshop tonight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the boost line sort out. I mistaken the vacuum line and used the one under the throttle body. Got it connect with the at the bottom of the cam cover and works now.

BUT its now over boost! lol. I set the target boost at 90 kpa and and it shoot up to 150kpa at the first run. I turn off the EVC for second run and its still over boost to over 100kpa. Shouldn't it be the boost line problem again? or the actuator is not working?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Still sounds strange. Double check your wiring to your controller. Did you blank off fitting under the plenum.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Problem solved. Reset and get the setting right and its all good. Also realized that its much more easier for setting compare to EVC 5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts