GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi having installed and tried to set-up my EVC5 i have been unable to raise the boost above actuator pressure with the unit switched on or off?

The rear switch is set to SW, and i have reset the unit several times.
the read out is measuring boost and vacuum correctly.
I have set the warning above the boost pressure in which i want to run.

using the scramble mode doesn't rasie the boost either!

I have checked the vac lines are connected to the correct ports, Brand new filters and vac lines being used.

setting A Or B to 100 doesn't yield any boost increase over me setting it to 40, 50 or 60.

the thing i find odd is in the instructions : -

5. Setting Boost for mode A/b

then a little further on in the instructions: -

1. Boost control

the latter talks of entering a value eg of 50kpa over the baseline.
I have not been able to find where you enter such details?
there is no different way of entering the two settings as far as i can see?

any pointers or help VERY much appreciated

Steve

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
If you are increasing the boost via the controller, and you are not achieving no gain, then there is something wrong with the plumbing.

With the controller switched off, it will run on actuator tension so around 0.6 or thereabouts.

Obviously with the gain turned up to your preference, it should boost higher. IIRC the EVC5 works with % gain.

A or B is just different settings. If you read the instructions it is pretty easy, after maybe you've read it several times to understand it fully.

In the latter part of your post, i think you are reffering to setting the overboost warning. IIRC the manual states that this should be done first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the super speedy reply ;)

pulling my hair out with it now as i have read it re read it and raed it some more.

The car ismaking the correct boost for actuator only.
Maybe the stepper motr has died on me?

I did program it in the correct sequence.. I will reset it and give it another go.
Maybe i should see if I can try another stepper motor?

Thanks again

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
If its a new unit then it is very unlikely of it to be faulty

Just try to reprogram it and make sure the switch on the back as you have mentioned is on the correct one.

Can't see why else it won't work. Unless its a plumbing issue...

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
What a weird outcome!!!

Glad you got it sorted anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.